new here? introduce yourself

eFestivals

2 minutes ago, lozinge said:

Hello.  Second time poster, long time lurker.  Did post 1st ages ago when the boards were on the glasto website but didn't know what LMFAO meant so didn't post again (am officially an old lady).  Have had to re-join.  Anyway, need to ask a question which I will do in the other bit but just thought I would say - hello!  Super looking forward to the festival this year.  Just re-adjusted my playlist based on full set times.  Got some tough Friday night/Sunday night clash decisions to make.  Big love to you all - not sure how you are supposed to sign off!

Big love to you too … that’s a decent sign off I’d say … welcome to the forum and hopefully first post of many have a cracking build up and a great festival 

• Thanks 1

Hello

I've been a long time lurker on this forum for a couple of years now.  I've posted a handful of times but never formally introduced myself (bit rude of me - sorry).  So..um...hello.

2022 is the my first time at GF  and I'm so excited it's making me nervous. I'm going with my wife and two (thankfully, adult) children. I've been obsessed with the festival for years but not had the chance to go due to growing kids/time/money/usual stuff.  Finally life (and luck with tickets) is on my side.

Been great reading all the useful info on this thread and finding some tips on new music too.   Thanks for all the good stuff 🙂

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Hi everyone,

Also been lurking since a while. This message board is a good source for figuring out things regarding the festival. 

I am from the Netherlands, and will be going to Glasto this year for the second time. As my buddy had to cancel due to his back problems unfortunately, it turns out I am going alone this year. I figure it would be fun to meet other people going alone as well.

Also, I am looking someone to share a taxi ride with I have booked:

Edited by RikNL
  • Like 1

Hi all,

This will be my fifth Glastonbury. Lurked on the forum a bit in 2019 (mostly nervously checking out the weather thread!) & using it quite a bit more so far this time around.

Just commented for the first time & thought it rude not to introduce myself here. Can't wait for next week!

1 hour ago, RikNL said:

Hi everyone,

Also been lurking since a while. This message board is a good source for figuring out things regarding the festival. 

I am from the Netherlands, and will be going to Glasto this year for the second time. As my buddy had to cancel due to his back problems unfortunately, it turns out I am going alone this year. I figure it would be fun to meet other people going alone as well.

Also, I am looking someone to share a taxi ride with I have booked:

Hi Rik. I think there's a solo goers meet-up that's been mentioned but I have no info about it. This is also my second Glasto after 2019 and going solo this year. I'll keep an eye out for that post and I'll let you know. 

• Like 1

5 time IOW / 2 time Bestival / 2 time Glasto / 2 time Boomtown

Heading over on the coach from Southampton (1pm inbound, 6am Monday morning outbound 😲)

Will  be my partners first Glasto, we're camping with her family near JP and a friend of mine runs Strummerville.

If you see a bearded guy wearing Merrell walking boots with this STUSSY hat it's most likely me.

Hello. 

2022 will be my 19th Glastonbury Festival and my first ever NOT as a punter... I'm stewarding with Oxfam. Totally up for it and excited to experience it in a new way... and to be on site for a couple of days before the public arrive. 

Just hope my shifts don't clash with Kendrick, Four Tet or Phoebe Bridgers! 

:-) 

Hey pals!

I hope you’re all nearly packed and sorted for the festival. If you see my flag come and say hi and I’ll have a little gift for you. 
I had so many lovely folk from this forum and Twitter come up to me in 2019 and I’m so excited to see all those happy faces again next week!

Ben - 177AE31C-CBEA-4108-A9FE-ED3D0267033B.jpeg.8bd29542c28257078c8dd0a959d9f99b.jpeg@ben_cameron on Twitter 

• Like 1

Hello

Been lurking for a couple of weeks, but seeing as it all starts this week, I thought I should jump in. This is my first ever Glastonbury, despite being in my mid-40s. I'm going with my partner who has been a few times, although not for a good 15 years or so. Just been bingeing on the electronica thread, which is moving the whole nerv-cited (TM my daughter) feeling towards the excited end of the spectrum.

Hello, I’m just popping in to introduce myself. I’ve been to Glastonbury many a time, but I’m not going this year. So I thought I’d make a new a/c having forgotten all the details of the old one, brain function being what it is lol and come and see how everyone is 🥰 and what the talk is about ! I like the web cam, so I will be checking that and dropping into the different chats there are to see how it’s going for everyone. 🥰 Hope those that are there have a super amazing time and those that aren’t don’t drown their sorrows too deeply! Over and out! 😊