Bring Me The Horizon

chestwig

1 minute ago, MissMollyAnna said:

I really like BMTH and saw them at my University's union in 2013 where they were awesome because it was a small venue. They always seem to put on a decent show just hope Oli Sykes isn't blind drunk like he was at the NME awards when he jumped on Coldplay's table and trashed it...

what an absolute rock star he is aye 

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There's a lot of high place acts this year that I don't particularly 'get' (Adele, Ellie Goulding, Disclosure, The 1975) however I understand why they're going to be placed as high as they are, even if I don't like them.

BMTH is more of an anomaly, heading the Other is a weird placing, given Enter Shikari headlined JP last year that seems like a much better fit for them. 

Fuck it though, if people like them they can fill their boots. There's plenty of stuff I do like this year that an act like this headlining the Other doesn't bother me at all.

I don't like them at all but the booking is fantastic, in terms of recognising emerging artists and giving new shit a go.

And besides, at least this is someone whose booking has elicited a response and people will talk about afterwards. Remember Rudimental? No, nobody does. It might not have even happened.

Edited by dentalplan

8 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

I don't like them at all but the booking is fantastic, in terms of recognising emerging artists and giving new shit a go.

And besides, at least this is someone whose booking has elicited a response and people will talk about afterwards. Remember Rudimental? No, nobody does. It might not have even happened.

People don't remember Panic At the Disco headlining the Other Stage either...

3 minutes ago, arcade fireman said:

People don't remember Panic At the Disco headlining the Other Stage either...

I would think people remember that they did headline the Other Stage that year because it's being brought up semi-regularly! 

Who else headlined the Other that year? Was it Chem Bros or another Other Stage screensaver?

41 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

And besides, at least this is someone whose booking has elicited a response and people will talk about afterwards.

I'm really not convinced they will. Even if they knock it out the park given the strength of the line up this year they'll struggle not to be forgotten behind everything else going on.

Really need to see the whole line up, but I'm nearly 50 and a part time metal head with much more eclectic tastes on top.

BMTH could do it for me, might be the only chance I get to see what the hype is about. Seen Coldplay twice years ago at Glasto and think they're boring now. My other half don't want to see either of the above so might just go with the flow, depends who's on WH or Acoustic as well

I love metal and hard rock, but this music is just boring and predictable. Honestly I can't understand why they would headline? Makes literally no sense!! PJ Harvey or LCD sound system should. The clash finder seems to have them lower on the bill now thankfully.  

Skrillex is not particularly to my taste, but when he headlined the other stage back in 2013, I could clearly see that it was a well scheduled act. Are they trying to do something similar here but have perhaps not quite understood what the glasto teenagers are into?

2 hours ago, Gnomicide said:

BMTH are shit

New Order are THE shit

LCS Soundsystem are shit

Adele is shit

Coldplay are shit

I'm shit

You're shit

Disclosure are shit

Shit is shit

Dis is shit

Pet Shop Boys really are shit

Shiiiiiiiiiiiiiit

5 hours ago, FloorFiller said:

with performances like this you've just gotta wonder how they can possibly keep going in this more pop direction when the frontman can't sing at all. even the slow, pretty much spoken verses he manages to completely mess up

This is such a bad performance. 

I've got nothing against BMTH having such a high profile slot, they've worked hard to get where they are, but they're not really to my tastes. The Sempiternal album was the only one I got any enjoyment whatsoever out of.

You can tell they have switched tactics to try and survive with their latest output, but the use of backing track like in that performance above is really quite embarrassing. It kinda feels like you're watching a karaoke band. It's a toughie though if Mr Sykes can't actually sing anyway near like he does on record.

For all I know that could just be a really ropey performance and they could usually be far better, so I may give them a couple of minutes of my time at glasto - maybe not if they're clashing with EW&F though. :lol:

4 hours ago, dannygrif said:

This is such a bad performance. 

I've got nothing against BMTH having such a high profile slot, they've worked hard to get where they are, but they're not really to my tastes. The Sempiternal album was the only one I got any enjoyment whatsoever out of.

You can tell they have switched tactics to try and survive with their latest output, but the use of backing track like in that performance above is really quite embarrassing. It kinda feels like you're watching a karaoke band. It's a toughie though if Mr Sykes can't actually sing anyway near like he does on record.

For all I know that could just be a really ropey performance and they could usually be far better, so I may give them a couple of minutes of my time at glasto - maybe not if they're clashing with EW&F though. :lol:

I would disagree they have worked so hard to get there, the produced albums which saw them 5th down or lower down a lineup...then they produced one which could be played on the radio a lot more and got a position based on being played on the radio a lot more.

59 minutes ago, thewayiam said:

I would disagree they have worked so hard to get there, the produced albums which saw them 5th down or lower down a lineup...then they produced one which could be played on the radio a lot more and got a position based on being played on the radio a lot more.

What are you on? They have continuously  toured for the past 10+ years. That's working hard to get where they are.