Adele sub headliner?

Mark Pooler

• Replies 690
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

50 minutes ago, glastohead11 said:

I have posted this in the radiohead thread as well but thought I ought to post it in here.

Long time lurker, first time poster. I have made an account as I have got some info from a very reliable source. Really sorry but I can't reveal it but I would say I think it is very unlikely that radiohead will be subbing adele. 

'very reliable source'?

4 minutes ago, Will-2609 said:

If it ends up being Kendrick and then we get Radiohead next year or in a different secret set this year then I don't think I could have asked for much more.

That's the dream. 

Kendrick sub, RH secret set playing album in full.

RH headline 2017.

13 minutes ago, your mother said:

'very reliable source'?

Someone who is very much 'in' with the festival and has been 100% with everything he has told me in the past. That includes all 3 of the headliners this year and the who replacing prince, long before it was on here, when they still had gigs scheduled in France. I am trying to find out who is subbing from him. 

Edited by glastohead11

5 minutes ago, glastohead11 said:

Someone who is very much 'in' with the festival and has been 100% with everything he has told me in the past. That includes all 3 of the headliners this year and the who replacing prince, long before it was on here, when they still had gigs scheduled in France. I am trying to find out who is subbing from him. 

You been told the Other Stage headliners? Or headliners for any different stages? Or anything else we don't know?

Edited by dentalplan

7 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

You been told the Other Stage headliners? Or headliners for any different stages? Or anything else we don't know?

No, he usually just tells me about some of the big stuff going on so I haven't really asked about other stuff. I am going to pester him about the adele sub though.

10 minutes ago, Mezhyp1 said:

how much of a result would Kendrick Lamar be after all this time, i for one would be seriously up for that 

Kendrick would be unbelievable if he gets announced. I just assumed all this time it wouldn't happen.

I'm all in though if there's a possibility. If I could choose one act that absolutely should be there this year, it's him. Even more so than Radiohead.

2 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

Would be fun if the Muse subbing info from way back is correct and they do a show before Adele for that shit album's tenth birthday.

Ha! Can you imagine?! This forum would implode.

1 minute ago, jed300 said:

Good old efestivals groupthink. The most likely option by far is disclosure. It will be disclosure. 

But by God I hope it's Kendrick. 

I just don't get why people think it's Disclosure! There's nothing linking them to that spot, but there is info saying they are headlining the Other. BMTH make the most sense not to headline, so the Other headliners will likely be Disclosure, NO and LCD.

It might not be RH or Kendrick,  but I don't think it's Disclosure at all.

Might be wrong of course :P

Just now, jparx said:

I just don't get why people think it's Disclosure! There's nothing linking them to that spot, but there is info saying they are headlining the Other. BMTH make the most sense not to headline, so the Other headliners will likely be Disclosure, NO and LCD.

It might not be RH or Kendrick,  but I don't think it's Disclosure at all.

Might be wrong of course :P

Disclosure themselves saying it will be their biggest ever show. And their R&L Co headliner playing that exact spot on the Friday. 

That's more than nothing. 

Occams razor 

1 minute ago, jed300 said:

Disclosure themselves saying it will be their biggest ever show. And their R&L Co headliner playing that exact spot on the Friday. 

That's more than nothing. 

Occams razor 

The 'biggest show' comment was about the stage show they have, not the position. Which would actually make more sense if they are headlining the Other since they could have more fireworks/pyro/whatever else.

Plus don't forget Bastille guy said they were playing before Disclosure, and Bastille are on the Other stage.

I take your point about Foals subbing Friday though.