James?

EIaine

11 hours ago, eastynh said:

Seems they have collected a new member so would be even more expensive. It is such a shame they do not get the opportunity to play Glastonbury (reasons unknown) as there are not that many bands of any genre with as many good songs as James have.

It's Ron Yeadon 

http://www.ronyeadon.co.uk/#!about/c1el8

• Replies 495
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, Scruffylovemonster said:

Is he the guy that replaced Larry at a couple of their gigs last year that Adrian oxaal couldn't do? 

No mate, both Adrian and the new bloke Ron played last night.

I heard the new album last night and it is interesting to say the least. One of the tunes starts with an acid house style break.

They did play Born Of Frustration, Fred Astair and Say Something last night. They played Interrogation and Moving On off the last album. It was an enjoyable evening really. I was sat there waiting for the Madrid match coming on and then seen a ticket on Twickets. Totally random night. 

2 hours ago, Scruffylovemonster said:

Shame if he's gone. Does he play/write any of the new album do you know. 

Booth/gott/Glennie is James' overall strongest writing team for me. 

Yeah he was involved in the album, just decided not to tour with it.

One would think they'd want to push for a Glastonbury slot for PR on the album this year but who knows....

On 18/02/2016 at 11:06 AM, Scruffylovemonster said:

So is Larry out permanently?

Larry is on sabbatical - didn't want to tour the album but has been very involved in the recording and is, according to Jim and Saul (I think), definitely going to be involved again in the future.

Personally, I'd have them headline the JPT on Friday with the new album and the last one; headline WH doing Wah Wah with Eno on the Saturday and headline The Park on Sunday doing Seven and Pleased to Meet You in full; greatest hits set to open The Other, Legends slot on the Pyramid on the Sunday.

And I would still think there wasn't enough of them at the festival!!

• 2 weeks later...

Don't want to get maybe 20 efestival members hopes up, but do you remember last year when people were tweeting James asking if they were doing Glastonbury and they were giving back answers like 'we would love to' or 'we haven't heard from them'. 

Well I thought I would tweet them and got a lot more promising answer:

54 minutes ago, Alan_C said:

Don't want to get maybe 20 efestival members hopes up, but do you remember last year when people were tweeting James asking if they were doing Glastonbury and they were giving back answers like 'we would love to' or 'we haven't heard from them'. 

Well I thought I would tweet them and got a lot more promising answer:

fantastic

seems hopeful!

James deserve a mid afternoon slot on the main stage, opening the other stage would put them in the same league as the Kaiser Chiefs and Beady eye, who didn't impress.  James are unequivocally one of the best live bands, here's hoping.

5 minutes ago, jimmyt said:

Let them headline JPT against Adele - the Suede v Kanye slot from last year. It's always fun knowing you watched something in the JPT that just smashed whatever they've got ruining the end of the day on the Pyramid.

James up against New Order??

11 hours ago, eastynh said:

James up against New Order??

Having seen both on many occasions (New Order were my first ever festival headliner back in '93) I know where I would be if they put them against each other and it wouldn't be with Barney and the other two.