Elton John - "I have never been asked to play Glastonbury"

StLewi

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

El Joz is ill so has been replaced on TFI by Alexander Armstrong.

Also, I fucking despite Level 42, they piss me off almost as much ss UB40.

Glastonbury festival is crying out for bands like Level 42 and UB40, didnt you get the memo?

The overweight, middle-aged demographic must be appeased at all costs.

What do we want? To recapture our youth! When do we want it? 22-26 June 2016!

El Joz is ill so has been replaced on TFI by Alexander Armstrong.

Also, I fucking despite Level 42, they piss me off almost as much ss UB40.

You hate El-Jozzle, Level 40Thumb and UB40 so much they got all up in yer shit and fucked with your spelling.

SS UB40 was a bit harsh though.

Glastonbury's key source of information hanging on a TV show hosted by a middle aged Radio 2 DJ attempting to recapture the spirit of a show that was edgy for a short while 20 years ago, now aimed at people who dont go out on a Friday night and get to see Take That and U2 interspersed with feature links by the hosts son and mother. Depressing.

It's his job to stand between the rats and the kitchens to keep them away from each other.

Wondering now if the rat had actually been after the red wine, hence their faux-raggae consternation.

Doing that video with Sharon Stone was probs meant as a little cheer-up to themselves, especially when they realised Thunderthumb was 2-better than them.

You hate El-Jozzle, Level 40Thumb and UB40 so much they got all up in yer shit and fucked with your spelling.

SS UB40 was a bit harsh though.

:o So it did. 

Don't hate El-Jozzle, however the combined forces of UB42 are enough to kill anyones keyboard.

Can it really be a mere 10 hours since Woffy conjured up the immortal image of Mark King staring out with a wild surmise at a sea of thumbs waving thumbs at him?

I'm overcome with joy to have shared it all with you.

We few, we happy few, we band of brothers;
For he to-day that laughs at Thumberdrome with me
Shall be my brother; be he ne’er so vile

What do we want? To recapture our youth! When do we want it? 22-26 June 2016!

I see it more as a personal statement to myself that quality time is needed away from the shittery of normality rather than an attempt at recapturing my youth. Talking of which I've noticed (in my time) that some blokes of a certain age start wearing rings and other adornments. It's very evident that they are refusing to acknowledge their age. The next thing you know is that their marriage is in tatters and they are now shagging someone from the Health & Safety Team who is half their age. The predictability makes you want to puke. These people are fuckwits at work and at home. Why in the name of God do we actually do what they say? I used to, but have now moved on to another place where I don't have to put up with that ailment.

Can it really be a mere 10 hours since Woffy conjured up the immortal image of Mark King staring out with a wild surmise at a sea of thumbs waving thumbs at him?

I'm overcome with joy to have shared it all with you.

We few, we happy few, we band of brothers;
For he to-day that laughs at Thumberdrome with me
Shall be my brother; be he ne’er so vile

As much as I have an ongoing online fun-crush on Gnomy - on this and other social media platforms - I was drawn to this post.

[I woulda been drawn to it earlier, but I had to go to Homebase 'n shit]

And yet:

#Level42forGlasto2016

#thumbnambulism

#thunderthumbmybum(b)MarkKingyouCorkheadyou

As much as I have an ongoing online fun-crush on Gnomy - on this and other social media platforms - I was drawn to this post.

[I woulda been drawn to it earlier, but I had to go to Homebase 'n shit]

And yet:

#Level42forGlasto2016

#thumbnambulism

#thunderthumbmybum(b)MarkKingyouCorkheadyou

Fuck off.

I see it more as a personal statement to myself that quality time is needed away from the shittery of normality rather than an attempt at recapturing my youth. Talking of which I've noticed (in my time) that some blokes of a certain age start wearing rings and other adornments. It's very evident that they are refusing to acknowledge their age. The next thing you know is that their marriage is in tatters and they are now shagging someone from the Health & Safety Team who is half their age. The predictability makes you want to puke. These people are fuckwits at work and at home. Why in the name of God do we actually do what they say? I used to, but have now moved on to another place where I don't have to put up with that ailment.

Yog, old bean, we need to spend a weekend compiling all your posts, in an editorial manner, into some sort of diary format in order to educate others, young or old.

And not get completely fucko'd in the process of doing so.