At the record company party 
On their hands - a dead star 
The sycophantic slags all say :
"I knew him first, and I knew him well"

Re-issue ! Re-package ! Re-package ! 
Re-evaluate the songs 
Double-pack with a photograph 
Extra Track (and a tacky badge)

Couldn't have quoted a contemporary band?

As recently as 10 years ago people would have roared with laughter at the prospect, and now he's viewed as the second coming of the messiah. 

You've made claims like that before, trouble is it's not even vaguely true.

Approximately 10 and a half years ago, Kylie was announced to headline the Pyramid Stage. There was far, far less controversy / complaints about it than you get for most headliners these days. If she was able to be generally accepted back then, Elton and most of the other acts you complain about definitely would been have as well.

If she was able to be generally accepted back then, Elton and most of the other acts you complain about definitely would been have as well.

How so? The bloke's a monumental bell end, both personally and musically -yep, I see the irony in that last bit. What with me knowing fuck all about music an' all. That accussation is a load of bollocks. In my defence I give you Exhibit A;

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jqpAgMxhx30

Approximately 10 and a half years ago, Kylie was announced to headline the Pyramid Stage. There was far, far less controversy / complaints about it than you get for most headliners these days. If she was able to be generally accepted back then, Elton and most of the other acts you complain about definitely would been have as well.

well social media wasn't around then to today's extent so of course the outcry seemed more muted.

But everyone I spoke to at the festival that year were deeply relieved the Kylie catastrophe had been averted. And Michael eavis himself clearly shares that view as she was never offered the gig again. 

Edited by russycarps

Nothing to think about is there really? You don't seem to like what the festival has become, you don't like the people that attend. Why put yourself through it?

IIRC, Tom Jones, Dolly Parton, Lionel Ritchie, Tony Bennett, Lulu even Bruce Frikkin Forsyth have "played" the festival in recent years. Popping Reg in the Sunday Afternoon "sing-along" slot is hardly subverting the spirit of the festival is it?

You forgot Rolf. Every year. Massive crowds.

well social media wasn't around then to today's extent so of course the outcry seemed more muted.

But everyone I spoke to at the festival that year were deeply relieved the Kylie catastrophe had been averted. And Michael eavis himself clearly shares that view as she was never offered the gig again. 

Social Media wasn't as big a thing, but there was still plenty of tits on the Internet prepared to shout about how they didn't like something - certainly I don't remember any significant backlash on here or on the old TOS Forum. Don't remember it being much of a conversation at the Festival either.

The truth is, if Elton had been announced for 2005 instead of Kylie, then the reaction would have been infinitely more positive than you're trying to pretend.

Lol - that the first bit could be conceived as a person throwing a major boulder within a glass house hasn't escaped me. That said, I was more of a discuss person than a shot put person. I've stopped chortling to myself now. As I suspect you'd never started chortling I think I'll leave it there.

Edited by Yoghurt on a Stick

I can remember plenty of complaints about the festival 'selling out' in booking Kylie instead of a 'proper headliner'.  

Hello incident.

I've fucked up the repeating somebody's post bit. The words above weren't aimed at a particular person - so your name shouldn't really be above them on my post above. Not unless you said those words yourself at one moment in time. Then you would have equal bagsies on the truth - well if time ever tells us the truth.

I can remember plenty of complaints about the festival 'selling out' in booking Kylie instead of a 'proper headliner'.  

I'm definitely not saying there wasn't any complaints, just that there weren't as many as most recent headliners got - especially Metallica/Kanye - or that the prospect of traditional "proper headliners" Coldplay & Muse are getting on here now. Every year I've been, there's been complaints about all 3 headliners to varying degrees - I just don't think they were any louder for Kylie.

Edited by incident