Elton John - "I have never been asked to play Glastonbury"

StLewi

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Once Again.....

Elton John has Nish, Nadda, Zero, Nufin. No Redeeming qualities whatsoever. I hate his music with an enduring passion. The man is a sad old coke head, Royal arse licking c**t His popularity forever mystifies me. I don't hate very much in this world, but he is an almost unique exeption. He has no place at the festival, because he can't sing, he can't write and the mediocrity of his piano playing is matched only by his appalling diminishingly poor output. Nothing he has released in the last twenty years warrants any attention whatsoever. If he were ever to play Glastonbury it would open the whole enterprise to ultimate ridicule, possibly leading to the demise of the whole phenomenon. Don't let it happen.

Once Again.....

Elton John has Nish, Nadda, Zero, Nufin. No Redeeming qualities whatsoever. I hate his music with an enduring passion. The man is a sad old coke head, Royal arse licking c**t His popularity forever mystifies me. I don't hate very much in this world, but he is an almost unique exeption. He has no place at the festival, because he can't sing, he can't write and the mediocrity of his piano playing is matched only by his appalling diminishingly poor output. Nothing he has released in the last twenty years warrants any attention whatsoever. If he were ever to play Glastonbury it would open the whole enterprise to ultimate ridicule, possibly leading to the demise of the whole phenomenon. Don't let it happen.

you're living in the past mate! The progressives demand change, and booking a man who did a couple of ok ditties in the 70s is exactly what is required to secure the future of the festival.

The fact he drinks deeply from the royal teat is just an added bonus.

He has no place at the festival, because he can't sing, he can't write and the mediocrity of his piano playing is matched only by his appalling diminishingly poor output. 

Genuine lol.

Nothing he has released in the last twenty years warrants any attention whatsoever.

Incorrect, but even if true would that be such a problem for someone in the Legends Slot? I'm sure there have been plenty of headliners who haven't bothered to write a decent song in a while too. Heck, you could argue some have never written anything half as good as dear old Reg.

Edit: I've just realised the Lion King came out 21 years ago so maybe he hasn't written anything decent in the past 20 years. Where has my life gone?

Edited by Untz

Wrong song to pick, Bamber. That's one of my favourite Elton songs and is my karaoke jam.

And, for fact fans, the video features Bruno from Strictly parading around in no trousers.

Our musical tastes diverge dramatically, that's always a shame. You are wrong though.

you're living in the past mate! The progressives demand change, and booking a man who did a couple of ok ditties in the 70s is exactly what is required to secure the future of the festival.

The fact he drinks deeply from the royal teat is just an added bonus.

As is usual Russy, you do have a point.

When Level 42 played in 1986 it opened up the floodgates to all sorts of chart pop rubbish.

I was there. Basslines were sound.. Not quite pop rubbish. Thompson Twins though, (they played and were properly shite)...

[ Link Removed. 'cos Thompson Twins are actually unlistenable. I cannot inflict them on my fellow Man}

Edited by bamber

Thunderthumb looked out over a vast sea of thumbs, with their thumbs held aloft, some holding banners in the shape of thumbs, other waving foam thumbs.

:lol:

If this thread achieves nothing else, then it kicks off the campaign for the 30th anniversary of this momentous occasion to be commemorated in some way.

Maybe at West Holts....