Duran Duran

Deano77

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

another example of revisionism on here. They were shit in the 80s. Why does 30 years passing make them good?

weren't Led Zeppelin generally regarded as being a bit shite back in the day? and wasn't Exile On Main St seen as a bit of a disappointment on it's release? not that i'm saying Duran Duran in any way compare to those two, but time definitely has a weird effect on some music. i had zero expectations of Duran Duran when i saw them at Bestival (basically wanted to see Ordinary World and then get out of there) but they nailed it. so many big songs. would be a far better addition to third down on the Pyramid than what we'll undoubtedly get instead (Emeli Sande etc)

weren't Led Zeppelin generally regarded as being a bit shite back in the day? and wasn't Exile On Main St seen as a bit of a disappointment on it's release? not that i'm saying Duran Duran in any way compare to those two, but time definitely has a weird effect on some music. i had zero expectations of Duran Duran when i saw them at Bestival (basically wanted to see Ordinary World and then get out of there) but they nailed it. so many big songs. would be a far better addition to third down on the Pyramid than what we'll undoubtedly get instead (Emeli Sande etc)

I dunno, they were just one of those bands that you would have never ever admitted being a fan of when you were at school. But then again the same can be said of fleetwood mac, and I dont mind them now so what do I know.

I still think that.

I dunno, they were just one of those bands that you would have never ever admitted being a fan of when you were at school. But then again the same can be said of fleetwood mac, and I dont mind them now so what do I know.

when bands like that first come about there's always that whole 'they're uncool, i don't like them' thing - when said bands reform/are looked at a decade/two/whatever later, i guess that whole thing goes away and people can start enjoying them without feeling guilty about it. hate to think what shite bands of today i'll be praising in twenty years

'dad what the hell is this crap you're listening to?'

'show some respect son - this is Alt-J!'