The Worst Thread in the world

Matt42

It's weird being on this side of the reaction - without being rude i'm so used to being the one who got tickets! I can't believe that i'm experiencing the disappointment for the first time :(

It's the most crushing thing in the world

This was me too after missing out on 2014 tickets. Being successful for 5 years running I stupidly thought we must be doing something right and would always get tickets.  The shock was awful,  but it did make me realise we had to check out other fests as it might be a long time before we could go to Glasto again.  And an unexpected bonus was that we could check out bands on tv coverage of Glasto who we might not have thought to go and see, then see them at Latitude 3 weeks later.

But the best thing is - when you do get tickets again you realise how precious they are!

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm sure that nearer the time there will be loads who will try for all who post on here and didn't get a ticket.

I'm certainly happy to help and have experienced 2 successes in October and 2 in April over the last 4 years.

It will happen if you keep the faith and accept the help of those on here.

Coming up for year ten and I reckon about half of my tickets were bought in the resale, it's easier said than done but try and stay positive, you will get there! And you've already got an advantage over plenty as your using these forums! Good luck in April! And there's always the secret sales too

It's weird being on this side of the reaction - without being rude i'm so used to being the one who got tickets! I can't believe that i'm experiencing the disappointment for the first time :(

It's the most crushing thing in the world

You didn't predict not getting a ticket?

Being serious though, you're bound to get one in the resales given the amount of help that has been offered.

Matt I didn't get one in 2013, I spent some time in a resale thread on this forum and got my tickets thanks to the kind help of people on this forum! The resale will be easy - hope they announce some crap headliners and everyone gives their tickets back. You will get a ticket - it just means you have a longer winter than the rest of us. It really is soul building. The secret resales (or not so secret) seem like a good bet to!

Group of 30 of us applying, one person got through and sorted 6 tickets. 24 pretty unhappy people now!!

whilst going in a big group must be fantastic at the festival, having to secure that many tickets must be a nightmare. hope to never have to do it - luckily my group this year was exactly six. good luck to your group in the resale!

whilst going in a big group must be fantastic at the festival, having to secure that many tickets must be a nightmare. hope to never have to do it - luckily my group this year was exactly six. good luck to your group in the resale!

It's more 2/3 groups amalgamated to enhance ticket prospects. Has worked for 3 years in a row, probably about time we got unlucky.