Sold out

The Nal

Opposite for me. Firefox just searching non stop whilst IE and Chrome regularly on holding page

And the opposite for me! The two Chrome pages just hung there doing nothing so after a few minutes I shut it down, leaving 5 tabs on Firefox. 3 of which came up with the booking page. I'm with Sky now (it was BE but Murdoch bought them out). It's not bad as a provider but not brilliant.

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Bittersweet success. I got through once (securing my tickets - woohoo!). In the 29th minute, I got through again and got to the point of putting in payment details, hitting 'pay', and they went. Seconds before. Takes the shine off it when so many have missed out...

This happened to us last year, my iPad nearly learnt to fly!

This was my first T in my new house. Previously I used to get a lot of tickets so was beginning to think it was linked to my old address....

This year got onto the coach sale and got 4 tickets, and on Sunday got through twice and bought 11.

Both houses are lucky!

In 2008, the only time I've bought a ticket before 9am. I remember thinking I'd gone to a rogue site as it was so easy! We had the two options full payment or deposit. Then in 2009... they did the same again... the deposit link was easier that full payment.... go figure?!

true, but really, what's half an hour out of your day pressing F5? it may be stressful stuff for us desperate to go, but i'm sure a fair few people just think 'fuck it' and give it a go. really doesn't take much to register and wake up a bit early on a Sunday and then decide later at the expense of a tenner

I definitely vote for keeping the deposit system, but the 'half an hour' thing is interesting.

Not that long ago when I started going to the fest, the online sale would take hours. Missed out on the first sale for the 2011 fest after pressing F5 for approx 5 hours. Puts Sunday into perspective :lol:

Definitely think there used to be a 'marathon' element to it. Not even sure 30 mins is enough to find loopholes etc. like Neil did on here one year. But there we go, means people can get on with their lives at 9:30 regardless of the outcome.

I definitely vote for keeping the deposit system, but the 'half an hour' thing is interesting.

Not that long ago when I started going to the fest, the online sale would take hours. Missed out on the first sale for the 2011 fest after pressing F5 for approx 5 hours. Puts Sunday into perspective :lol:

Definitely think there used to be a 'marathon' element to it. Not even sure 30 mins is enough to find loopholes etc. like Neil did on here one year. But there we go, means people can get on with their lives at 9:30 regardless of the outcome.

yeah to be fair it's only the last couple of years that it';s been over in half an hour - was it 2013 (or possibly 14) when the site completely crashed for the first hour and a half? five hours though! i love the festival but i'm not sure i'd have the patience for that. even though the prospect of it all being over in a swift half an hour is terrifying, at least it's over quick and you can get on with your day

In 2004 the tickets went on sale at 8pm on Sunday night. I managed to get tickets via a backdoor (the infamous "freya" link) at about 06:45 Monday morning after F5'ing for 11 hours straight. I'm sure others were at it even longer.

It wasn't a joke.

WTF is this really about? This site, this thread, is representative of what I would see as the spirit of Glastonbury.

Then there is this sideline sniping (with nasty mental health jokes/smears).

I think you should explain this using decent language or grow up or clear off...