Primavera Sound 2016

DanielM17

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Good to see some announcements from other festivals around the same time as PS coming through. I'd love the Hives and Digitalism from hurricane/Southside.  Two Door Cinema club seem a likely act for PS too.

I'm gonna go out on a limb here and say that the Stone Roses will headline PS & Glastonbury and play Old Trafford Cricket Club all in the same month next year.

FIB is the festival you're looking for in spain. 

their Facebook has been updated with all new 2016 banners etc - hopefully this means an announcement is coming soon!

#PrimaveraAllStars. Wonder what that means. Should be something incoming back end of next week with the next price level begins in a week's time.

Also... :lol:

CSZfhNGWwAA5q4R.jpg

Edited by dentalplan

#PrimaveraAllStars. Wonder what that means. Should be something incoming back end of next week with the next price level begins in a week's time.

Also... :lol:

CSZfhNGWwAA5q4R.jpg

hahaha fucking hell, wonder how many people are currently frothing at the mouths over that. must be amazing to live in Barcelona and one day see those banners draped over a building. great way to announce headliners imo

Even if they did somehow, magically, pick up Bowie, why would he play Space Oddity of all albums? it's has Space Oddity and the rest of it is pretty unknown/mediocre by his standards. If he's playing an album, it has to be Ziggy/Hunky/Low, but for him just a general career-spanning set would probably be best.

That's a fantasy obviously...

Anyway I don't see Radiohead as being mega-likely either. LCD and New Order seems to make sense, Sufjan, Frank Ocean too. Wilco played Primavera in 2012, too soon to return sadly...

That's a true fantasy but any chance we'll see Kendrick bring his Pimp a Butterfly orchestra show?

I know he played Primavera in 2014 and it's too early... but it's a special different show now. Everyone recognizes TPAB as a special album, Primavera has a thing for performing classic albums in full (Horses, Marquee Moon, etc), and with the orchestra and a new classic album it will be a drastically different show.

Edited by yaniv297

Anyway I don't see Radiohead as being mega-likely either. LCD and New Order seems to make sense, Sufjan, Frank Ocean too. Wilco played Primavera in 2012, too soon to return sadly...

any two of those acts you mention (bar New Order) would be enough for me to get a ticket! the Radiohead dream is slipping, but Sufjan, Frank Ocean and LCD would more than make up for it

All three are likely but none of them seems big enough to be the big headliner (Strokes, Blur, etc). Or maybe LCD are big enough now?

New Order seems like a no brainer to me. They have a new album, they're touring and they're indie gods. Style-wise they're a perfect fit for primavera, they're like the godfathers of everyone there. They might not be the best live act but still hearing 'Blue Monday' 'Ceremony' and 'Love Will Tear Us Apart' playing in Primavera would be worth it for me.

All three are likely but none of them seems big enough to be the big headliner (Strokes, Blur, etc). Or maybe LCD are big enough now?

New Order seems like a no brainer to me. They have a new album, they're touring and they're indie gods. Style-wise they're a perfect fit for primavera, they're like the godfathers of everyone there. They might not be the best live act but still hearing 'Blue Monday' 'Ceremony' and 'Love Will Tear Us Apart' playing in Primavera would be worth it for me.

Primavera always seems to have a couple of headliners who are notably bigger than others, but i couldn't even hazard a guess at who they'll be for next year. was hoping for Radiohead but seems unlikely. 2014's calibre of headliners with last years undercard would do me just nicely