Primavera Sound 2016

DanielM17

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The Cure headlined in 2012 which is way too recent, considering pretty much nothing happened for them, they don't even have a new album (and it will be the same greatest hits show anyway).

No love for Kendrick's 'To Pimp a Butterfly' idea? it's a really special show and looks like a perfect fit for Primavera.

No love for Kendrick's 'To Pimp a Butterfly' idea? it's a really special show and looks like a perfect fit for Primavera.

Kendrick only headlined in 2014 so definitely won't be returning next year

Northside festival have released an infuriating video that Suggests Blur, Bjork, Sigur Ros, RATM and Beck. Kind of.....I'd happily take Bjork; Blur headlined in 2013 so that's not likely  and I can't see RATM at ps.

where is this video?

Northside festival have released an infuriating video that Suggests Blur, Bjork, Sigur Ros, RATM and Beck. Kind of.....I'd happily take Bjork; Blur headlined in 2013 so that's not likely  and I can't see RATM at ps.

It's only one headliner today. And there's a good chance it's none of those bands you just mentioned. Personally, I see Bjørk as a strong contender, too (for PS and Northside).

Edited by Createur

I know it's too soon for Kendrick, but it's a special show, with a huge orchestra, playing only the new album, which is massively acclaimed as a masterpiece. I think the show is different enough and an exception can be made (unlike the Cure which are pretty much the same thing...). I know it's a fantasy but it would be great...

Bjork makes a lot of sense for PS. Was supposed to play in 2012 and canceled, no? Beck makes sense too.

Edited by yaniv297

I don't think Primavera would have a problem with booking The Cure again if they could get them. They are a massive, massive band. Remember they booked Pixies in 2004, 2010 and 2014 when their only release in that time was the not-very-good Indie Cindy in 2014. Also, did Bjork not play 2012? And The Cure certainly have more mainstream appeal than her in terms of selling day tickets. 

There are a bunch of festivals around Primavera time in the US that The Cure could and probably will play instead though. It just doesn't seem all that reasonable for The Cure to pop to Europe for one weekend and then go back.

Unless there are one or two other festivals they could play? They could also play the Porto leg.

Yeah I got beck from the billboard in the background, it read "Its not Beck" :)  The ice cream reference I assumed refered to Blur and the iceland knit jumpers for Sigur Ros or Bjork. Northside have learned from primavera a valuable lesson: Piss of fans by turning the line up into a Easter Egg hunt. Sigh.

I fully agree, I was just trying to think of a curveball announcement that would tie in with the rocket theme. I wouldn't be watching Elton regardless :) Im thinking Beck, Sigur Ros and Kanye (no, really). Would love Radiohead and reuinions for unwound and Hüsker Du, but I can't realistically see any of that happening.