Primavera Sound 2016

DanielM17

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

It's the right fit for the crowd, the dates and probably the cash. I can only hope the lure of Barcelona for which the band have an affinity for will be the difference. That said they are playing Citys ground so I don't hold out much hope.

Fingers crossed all the same.

There is no doubt that Beni will push all for them.

Would be but there are a lot of questionable ones there. Bowie won't play, Swans played last year, do Sabbath suit Primavera? Husker Du and The Last Shadow Puppets need to get back together, and Kendrick headlined in 2014. Take out all of those and add maybe New Order and one or two other acts like Frank Ocean or PJ Harvey and I think that is a likely lineup.

p.s. I am not even gonna mention Radiohead for fear of jinxing things or getting my hopes up.

Edited by DanielM17

I was expecting them to let the early bird sales pass then announce someone shortly after to capitalise on the higher ticket prices. There wouldn't really be much point in leaving it to the last day to announce a headliner or something would there? Still expecting someone at the end of this week; probably announced via a poster or something.

Assuming that Elvis Costello is a dead cert (his Spanish tour dates almost make it an inevitability) he could be one of the second headliners....it's possible that who ever they have booked as actual top tier headliners are costing muchos €'s and primavera are therefore needing to sell at the higher bracket to recoup the cost? IIRC they have ALWAYS announced just prior to the increase? It's likely now a matter of thinking who is demanding the big bucks? Hopefully this means Radiohead or Yeezy?