2017 festival

kaosmark2

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 26/11/2016 at 1:09 PM, Gozpot said:

Don't think they'd go down that well with the R&L crowd

Depends if the rest of this new album is fun like Jamie XX's solo stuff, like On Hold is/wants to be, or if they've mostly gone back to being miserable and introverted again. Jamie XX would've got a huge crowd if he'd played in 2016.

Edited by Zac Quinn

9 minutes ago, Alex DeLarge said:

You Me At Six headlining Reading is such a stupid, terrible booking that I could actually see it happening. :lol:

I'm just catching up on this thread, is the general consensus still Kasabian/ Eminem/ God knows who?

Kasabian / Eminem / probably a co-headline duo with Alt-J seems to be a reasonably popular guess so far, that third spot could be just about anyone in reality though.

23 minutes ago, OscarEB said:

Would it be viable to just give it to Alt J outright, if they had decent support? Would prefer they just give someone a chance if they think they are worthy of being a coheadline 

Yes. If there's no suitable coheadliner they'd have to do it alone.

Tho I don't think they'll headline at all if Kasabian and Eminem are the other two.

27 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

Yes. If there's no suitable coheadliner they'd have to do it alone.

Tho I don't think they'll headline at all if Kasabian and Eminem are the other two.

Why not? They'd have to save money somewhere, a weak headliner who is more suited to a co-headline could be the answer

12 minutes ago, OscarEB said:

Why not? They'd have to save money somewhere, a weak headliner who is more suited to a co-headline could be the answer

Nah nothin to do with that shit lol. Just bc I suspect they'd have someone rockier as the remaining headliner. alt-J would not be that.

edit: When's this announcement by the way? Did someone say tomorrow?

Edited by dentalplan

4 hours ago, dentalplan said:

Nah nothin to do with that shit lol. Just bc I suspect they'd have someone rockier as the remaining headliner. alt-J would not be that.

You shot me down the other day for suggesting the final headliners would be heavier if Eminem and kasabian are true

6 hours ago, dentalplan said:

Last year (since Zane Lowe's 7pm shows stopped) announcements tended to be on the entertainment news on BBCR1 (7:40am) on a Friday morning I believe (don't quote me on it, some announcements may have been thursdays, but definitely towards the end of the week!) so I'm guessing this year will be the same.

On 11/26/2016 at 10:54 AM, Andre91 said:

Someone on the DL Forum has posted a list of dates for a GNR European tour. It has them doing two Wembley dates and the Etihad in July, and then R&L. 

EDIT 

OK so it is apparently from a Spanish website who have leaked the tour dates. Starts off in France late May and ends at R&L.

it's wrong.

2 hours ago, OscarEB said:

You shot me down the other day for suggesting the final headliners would be heavier if Eminem and kasabian are true

No I didn't.

4 minutes ago, coreyt409 said:

There's also a leaked poster going around but I can't get the attachment to upload.

That's @conroy17's work from the prediction thread.

5 minutes ago, JSmurphy said:

I don't think anyone on here was expecting that, although that'll probably get me a day ticket at least, if the undercard is any good. Muse, Kasabian and Eminem is a really strong trio of headliners if that's what R&L have gone for. 

Aye cos there's no new headliner, which would've been fairly unexpected given R+L's pride in promoting headliners. If it is those three then it's not good news that the only festival consistently giving acts the chance to headline has given that up. Eminem is only SR and not TBC tho so there's an argument it could be someone new instead of him.

Edited by dentalplan

It would be bizarre for R&L not to have a new headliner but my god Muse - Kasabian - Eminem would be massive for the festival, very big set of headliners. Maybe they just don't see of any available viable upcoming bands they can push up just yet.

But as dentalplan stated it could be that Eminem is not on the cards after all.

Edited by foolee