Joe Bonamassa

Rumblestripe

Seen this guy several times. Seeing him again this autumn and it puzzles me why he has never been anywhere near Glastonbury considering that he will play eight arenas nationwide when he tours and has played the Albert Hall, etc? There are often threads on here pre Glastonbury asking for "Blues" music so surely there is the demand? But then I wonder where you would put him at G? Headline West Holts? Late Afternoon Pyramid? Book him, Emily (please)

He would have to be late afternoon Pyramid or WH for me.

I think though that he is popular amongst those who like Blues/Blues rock music but noone else has heard of him. Out of all my circle of gig buddies, I am the only one who knows of him and likes him.

Would be great to see him at Glastonbury

Never heard of him until my brother offered me a ticket for a gig in Brighton. Great guitarist.

Had a brilliant night having only found out he existed a few hours before.

Defintiely one for Glastonbury, they type of act that would pull passers by in and show them a good time without them having to know his tunes.

His tickets are pricey to be fair.

That was my initial thought. I'd love to see him live but the ticket prices are outrageous for such a relative unknown.

I was more than happy seeing Ben Poole on the Acoustic this year. Very similar in style and ability but a bit less of his head up his own arse.

I saw Been Poole as well and although he was good, there's no comparison to Joe,who's had around 13 albums, many of which have gone straight to the top of the blue charts. He's played with some of the greats and can easily sell out large venues across the world. His Live shows are superb for anyone who enjoys the blues.

That was my initial thought. I'd love to see him live but the ticket prices are outrageous for such a relative unknown.

I was more than happy seeing Ben Poole on the Acoustic this year. Very similar in style and ability but a bit less of his head up his own arse.

A bit harsh and I wouldn't call him a relative unknown.  Possibly one of the biggest names in the world of blues guitar.

• 2 months later...

November 1st Joe doing a free gig at 300 person venue Mr Kyps in Poole where he played his first UK show 10 years ago.

Tickets available by an old school draw where you send in a postcard with your details on.

I tried and failed to paste link, but if you google Bournemouth Echo you should find all the info

ive not really heard about him but hes playing a one off gig where my son works MR KYPS its a raffle only for tickets...apparantly he played for kyps years back and he said hed come back and gig for free one day and so he is ......

• 3 weeks later...

Maybe it's a money thing.

Edit, before I get attacked, I have no idea on any of his personal principles. 

not my cuppa tea but my son works at Mr Kyps  down here in poole and old joe played at Kyps years ago to 100 people my neighbour over the rd saw him 3 time there and joe told the owner that when he made it he would come back and do a show for nothing and he is .the place can hold 200 people and they have had thousands of people trying for tickets ...

so i think that makes him a good old son old son

http://jbonamassa.com/contest/2015/mr-kyps-free-concert/

not my cuppa tea but my son works at Mr Kyps  down here in poole and old joe played at Kyps years ago to 100 people my neighbour over the rd saw him 3 time there and joe told the owner that when he made it he would come back and do a show for nothing and he is .the place can hold 200 people and they have had thousands of people trying for tickets ...

so i think that makes him a good old son old son

http://jbonamassa.com/contest/2015/mr-kyps-free-concert/

That's cool, great story :). If he played the festival I'd definitely pay a visit. 

Edited by whisty