NFR NFC 2016 - The Friendly Thread for Lovely People

jeffie

Well I never................

Just updating Mrs Mattyc's DRB check for another year and the wonderful government system/website will only work with Internet Explorer - it even tells you this...........

So, as I don't have IE as it is rubbish I cannot renew!

How pathetic.

Thought you were running XP?  You should have IE then?

• Replies 19.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• lucyginger

• mr gumby

• thurlow84

• A Guy Called Matt

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Thought you were running XP?  You should have IE then?

Uninstalled as it was causing problems so had it stripped out.

How do folks with MACs etc manage!

I have spoken to the DRB folks on the phone and there are no alternatives - and when I asked what would happen if someone could not renew or register they said this had happened............. and people were unable to work!

I'd reinstall IE then, as bad as IE 8 is :(

Seems I have no choice..... and then hopefully get it removed again if/when it causes problems!!

Their 'problem' is that their site has problems with Chrome (good web design!) so I asked about Opera and other browsers.

They had no idea what I was talking about!

This has moved typically quick since my last visit. Today I have spent my day will with Npower, who are useless twats. I somehow have a bill for a house I no longer live at... idiots. 

Oh well, in other news work wasn't overly bad / isn't overly bad - will likely be here for some time yet. At some stage I am hoping for a pot of money to arrive, ideally an unlimited supply. Until that day, I must continue working. 

This has moved typically quick since my last visit. Today I have spent my day will with Npower, who are useless twats. I somehow have a bill for a house I no longer live at... idiots. 

Oh well, in other news work wasn't overly bad / isn't overly bad - will likely be here for some time yet. At some stage I am hoping for a pot of money to arrive, ideally an unlimited supply. Until that day, I must continue working. 

It only took me 18 months to sort Npower out a few years ago!

AAaaah Hot Chip would be awesome.

We seem to be seeing comedy rather than music at the moment - saw Nina Conti and Joe Lycet recently very good, terrifyingly small audience for Joe ended up second row and had the fear. First few questions the whole audience was petrified lol he was quite gentle really. Nina's just her bonkers funny self

Was offered Hot Chip tickets for this weekend.  Had to turn them down because T2H (toddler two hats) has been so poorly this week. Couldn't leave her Mum to it on her own over the weekend after this week's lurgy.

I offered to pass them on too, but apparently there was a list of people to offer them to already!

Evening all :)

Tonight's chicken wrapped in bacon with spuds and peas is accompanied by Talking Heads.

http://youtu.be/O52jAYa4Pm8

Love this Mr G!!!! .....however finding myself singing and humming along to Psycho Killer as I amble around school this morning didn't seem quite right!!!!

I hate Tuesday's too... especially today's Tuesday... it's felt like a Wednesday all day...boo.

I've just had another nap.

At least Kate Bush is on the radio right now.. oooo I hope she does G 2016!!!!!!

Love this Mr G!!!! .....however finding myself singing and humming along to Psycho Killer as I amble around school this morning didn't seem quite right!!!!

I regularly find myself singing it, with a slight alteration, when gumby jr has asked to read one of his favourite books, by Mr Eric Carle.

'Caterpillar,

Quest-ce que c'est,

Fa Fa Fa Fa Fa Fa Fa Fa Fa Far better

Run run run, run run run awaaaay'