Foals

'Gunga Din' peaked at 103. Alt-J who subbed have never had a Top 40 single, Kendrick Lamar and Bring Me The Horizon have managed one each and that's it. Means absolutely nothing.

I'll give you Gunga Din but the rest are gash! Alt-J are an arena your band after doing that O2, sell their damn tour out then lol.

• Replies 743
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll give you Gunga Din but the rest are gash! Alt-J are an arena your band after doing that O2, sell their damn tour out then lol.

You can say they're gash all you want, they're no more gash then Little Mix, AlunaGeorge or whoever else is at the top of the charts. Fact is they're all acts topping festival bills who've had very little chart single success. 

You can say they're gash all you want, they're no more gash then Little Mix, AlunaGeorge or whoever else is at the top of the charts. Fact is they're all acts topping festival bills who've had very little chart single success.

No they aren't, only The Libertines out of that are topping festivals bills, subbing is not topping, they are subbing because they aren't at topping level.

The Libertines have had a previous UK number 1 album, whether they have number 1 single I'm not sure as I've not checked and they have said they subbed in 2010 because there was a worry they wouldn't show.

If we were talking Foals here for sub I'd have no argument but as it's for headline I do.

I think I might feel a bit bad for Gazza when Foals get announced as headliners. He really doesn't want it to happen.

Dentalplan, I've not attended the festival in 3 years, I just have a long standing interest in it due to several years of attendance. If they do headline, it'll just add to another year I won't attend. Note I said add and not the sole reason.

Dentalplan, I've not attended the festival in 3 years, I just have a long standing interest in it due to several years of attendance. If they do headline, it'll just add to another year I won't attend. Note I said add and not the sole reason.

Several years of attendance, and yet up to a couple of years ago you thought Reading was in London?

Rock singles have struggled to sell ever since physical releases were for all intent and purpose phased out

One for the Road got to 112 in the UK charts; does that mean AM was an unsuccessful album and Arctic Monkeys aren't big enough to headline any more?

Personally, having listened to the album I don't think it's of the right calibre for Foals to step up as a headliner off the back of it; they'd struggle to keep a casual fan's attention for 90 minutes

Furthermore, their debut at no. 3 under second week sales of Jess Glyne is a surprisingly poor performance

Let them sub next year, blow people away and then deliver a brilliant headline set a few years down the line

What is this? A denial excuses list? They are not the big band some of you want them to be.

whilst their new album didn't do quite as well as i was expecting, and so headlining a festival off the back of a no. 3 album does seem odd (especially a year after it was initially released), if you can tell me another band who seem more destined to step up to headline Reading/Leeds next year then i'd love to hear it. they may not be a particularly strong headliner, but you'd be stupid to think that they wouldn't have that crowd in the palm of their hands

I like how the promotion of Foals lies at our feet when they've headlined Bestival and Latitude and have been tipped as future headliners by the bloody promoter as future headliners half a dozen times. :lol:

I even said a few weeks ago that they wouldn't be number one. It's only the people obsessed with breaking down their chances that are lingering on venue sizes and chart placements.

I like how the promotion of Foals lies at our feet when they've headlined Bestival and Latitude and have been tipped as future headliners by the bloody promoter as future headliners half a dozen times. :lol:

I even said a few weeks ago that they wouldn't be number one. It's only the people obsessed with breaking down their chances that are lingering on venue sizes and chart placements.

But no number 1 album and no number 1 single. Nowhere in fact for number 1 single. And as I've told you before, they only did it last year at Bestival. Same with Florence doing both a couple of years ago and only headline Glastonbury due to a pull out and will only get their headline slot at R&L provided they are there next year. Massively bigger than Foals.

All your point states is they've done what some others have and have been touted as future headliners, the same as others etc etc.

What is this? A denial excuses list? They are not the big band some of you want them to be.

This is what it is. People want them to and if they do Floorfiller sums it up perfectly in not so many words that it'll all they have, which isn't good for the festival.

I don't get all this they'd played Latitude and Bestival the last two years and future headliners means it has to be next year.

My Chemical Romance headlined off the back of an album that reached 14 in the UK charts (and their highest charting album before that was 2, the same as Foals). what's their excuse?

whilst it is unusual for a band to be booked to headline without a mega successful album, it does happen, and Foals will've been booked to headline long before the album charted at 3 - they will've been booked in the hope that this successful rising band is about to become even more successful

maybe they won't end up headlining next year, but almost everything points to it happening. maybe they'll even have to co-headline with somebody, but i doubt it

edit: and now even when they do end up headlining, you'll claim that it was because the festival had no other options rather than them deserving it, which wouldn't be true, as they've been an easily identifiable headliner for next year for years now

Edited by FloorFiller

But no number 1 album and no number 1 single. Nowhere in fact for number 1 single. And as I've told you before, they only did it last year at Bestival. Same with Florence doing both a couple of years ago and only headline Glastonbury due to a pull out and will only get their headline slot at R&L provided they are there next year. Massively bigger than Foals.

All your point states is they've done what some others have and have been touted as future headliners, the same as others etc etc.

Queens Of The Stone Age had neither as well.

I have to admit, I had a lot of hype for this album doing massive things for them. It really hasn't taken off much at all, and if anything I can see the album fading into obscurity since all the singles radio-worthy have now been released.

I can see them still headlining, but personally I think it's going to look a bit silly. They've clearly been pushed up in hope that this album was going to be more than it is.

Still love the band and i'd still see them, but I can't help but feel that I think it's going to be quite a weak headline booking.

I have to admit, I had a lot of hype for this album doing massive things for them. It really hasn't taken off much at all, and if anything I can see the album fading into obscurity since all the singles radio-worthy have now been released.

I can see them still headlining, but personally I think it's going to look a bit silly. They've clearly been pushed up in hope that this album was going to be more than it is.

Still love the band and i'd still see them, but I can't help but feel that I think it's going to be quite a weak headline booking.

Completely agree with this. I think Melvin and crew wanted/thought this album would do big things, it won't live up to it as much but it's probably too late as they've already offered them the headline slot and I don't think there's loads of options for headliners next year.

My only thinking it would be strange seeing Foals and Florence both headlining but I can't see either of those two headlining elsewhere!

Edited by foolee