So who is going to replace Foo Fighters?

majormajormajor

Haha, you'll be the last thing on my mind come Wednesday mate, I wont be telling anyone to fuck off at Glasto unless provoked, so its up to you if you want to turn up at a meet with anything but a smile on your face.

I'll def shake your hand and have a drink with you though.

That sounds like a much better idea :)

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For the people let down - most of you were seeing Hot Chip or SFA anyway. What difference does it make? 

I can understand how fans of the Foo's are disappointed, but you can't really complain if you weren't going to be at the Pyramid stage anyway.

That I wanted to see Florence and Hot Chip. Now I have to pick between two of the bands I was most looking forward too. So I plan to moan alarmingly and often for a while. Cheers.

Florence deserves it.. dont understand the problem?

I know. Other bands have headlined on less than 3 albums, 5 years since she last played, the new albums absolutely stunning, she sounded decent on TV at Radio 1 big weekend, her band sounded great.

I'll be there and I think she'll be great. My wifes happy, she's always wanted to see her headline Glasto.

Arguably a pointless question, but I wonder who else was officially approached and if it would ever be announced? If Flo was good enough to headline in the first place then why wasn't she? Clearly sour grapes here - but I think another act with the 'headlining stature' should have been appointed. Appreciate however that at such short notice with financials, contracts and all of the other headache admin that they had to contend with, this was a natural choice. Still would like to know whether they bothered trying for other acts though

Florence deserves it.. dont understand the problem?

I think people are still coming to terms with swapping a massive band with a huge back catalogue and seasoned festival headliners for a gamble on a fresh face. 

I think she'll do ok but she's not really a like for like swap in terms of stature.