What annoys you the most at Glastonbury?

badger80

What annoys you most at Glasto?  

455 members have voted

1. 1. What gets your goat the most

After reading the last few pages of this thread I'm not sure if that's a euphemism.

Your user name has a slight 'whiff' (ahthangyoo) of poo euphemism about it, to be fair ;)

"Scared, Quentin; was I scared?! Christ, yes. I almost shat an amazing oblong"

• Replies 619
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What does bother me though is the selfish twunts that decide to sit down on a picnic blanket in the middle of the crowd. Then when you steady yourself from nearly falling over them, they look at you like you've killed a puppy, just because your big toe happens to rest on one of the fibres of their blanket.

I trod (barefoot) on a Spanish girl's head who decided to have a lay down on a picnic blanket in the middle of the crowd at the beach party at Benecassim one year.

And was met by a tirade of abuse. I assume it was abuse. It was in Spanish.

I utilised all the spanish vocab I had and apologised profusely by asking for 2 beers, por favor.

I trod (barefoot) on a Spanish girl's head who decided to have a lay down on a picnic blanket in the middle of the crowd at the beach party at Benecassim one year.

I utilised all the spanish vocab I had and apologised profusely by asking for 2 beers, por favor.

:lol:

:sarcastic:

ROFL@the pint of diarrhoea

love 2 beers por favor

Even just reading this makes me mad. There is usually a token lad who looks a bit sheepish on the way past.

LOL too true, the one person apologising constantly as it wends it's way

This and the washing of hair and the toilet squatting/tent pooing.....

There is a theme. And I don't want to sound sexist. But there's a lot of thoughtless girls out there.

There are also some wonderful women who do think of others, but there's something to be learnt for some

It was plastic, obviously ( :)) but a pint plastic sounds wrong and a plastic pint glass makes no sense.

to save yourself from disappointing everyone again the phrase your looking for is a pint CUP

now don't let your family/friends/self down again

making everyone think you brought glass to Glastonbury, for shame

to save yourself from disappointing everyone again the phrase your looking for is a pint CUP

It's a 'regional thing', apparently ;) ;)

A pint cup? A CUP?

Maybe if I was sharing it with someone. Two guys, one cup.

we'd say pint pot round here, but i dunno if Glastonbury has a ceramics ban.

never, ever pint cup though. that's nuts.

I had forgotten about the wellie washers! They do know that wellies are suppose to get muddy? And why don't people just fill out there water carriers the night before, take a collapsing bucket and not faff with the water queue in the morning? They can then wash their hair at their camp. I don't get why that is so difficult! Rather than pissing lots of people waiting to get water off!

we'd say pint pot round here, but i dunno if Glastonbury has a ceramics ban.

never, ever pint cup though. that's nuts.

i'd call a normal pint glass a pint pot but that's far away from the plastic pint receptacle we're discussing hear

http://www.amazon.co.uk/500ml-Pint-Plastic-Cups-Markings/dp/B006TGG28S Amazon calls them a pint cup, although I did search plastic pint cup so the results might be biased

i'd call a normal pint glass a pint pot but that's far away from the plastic pint receptacle we're discussing hear

http://www.amazon.co.uk/500ml-Pint-Plastic-Cups-Markings/dp/B006TGG28S Amazon calls them a pint cup, although I did search plastic pint cup so the results might be biased

That's Americans for you, what do they know anyway? They can't even say aluminium correctly or spell mum right...

I had forgotten about the wellie washers! They do know that wellies are suppose to get muddy? And why don't people just fill out there water carriers the night before, take a collapsing bucket and not faff with the water queue in the morning? They can then wash their hair at their camp. I don't get why that is so difficult! Rather than pissing lots of people waiting to get water off!

Thing is, people just stand their in the queue looking pissed off, it might be a mixture of tiredness/hangover/comedown. People in the queue actually need to say something Edited by swede

I really enjoy a little moan about the tiny inconveniences and bug bears that don't stop me enjoying the festival.

Massive queues at the toilets when half of them are flipping empty!! Every fucking time, portaloos with no one in and long drops with no feet. Just have a little look. I feel a bit daft marching past the queue and straight into a toilet but I'm not gonna start marshalling the sheep.

I really enjoy a little moan about the tiny inconveniences and bug bears that don't stop me enjoying the festival.

Massive queues at the toilets when half of them are flipping empty!! Every fucking time, portaloos with no one in and long drops with no feet. Just have a little look. I feel a bit daft marching past the queue and straight into a toilet but I'm not gonna start marshalling the sheep.

I remember being camped near Gate A in 2010. The nearest portaloos had three rows of toilets. Every morning people would queue for the first two rows but not the third. Id even tell people in the queues as I left that there were loads of free toilets but no-one would give up their space, the English do love a good queue.

Something else that annoys me not just at glasto but just about every bloody festival - 18-35yo groups of women who think that because they are at a festival they all must wear the obligatory uniform of wellies, short denim pants, belly top, large cream crochet Cardigan, large brown sunglasses, daisy ribbon in hair and dayglo on their face n arms. Doesn't matter if its sunny or raining, whether it's 5 days at Benicassim or a day one run by your local council it must be worn!

You're not a free hippy called Moonchild love, your names Steph and you work in a salon 9-5 painting nails and waxing buttcracks...

Without wanting to read this whole thread, I presume most of these have been mentioned:-

i) Long lines of people holding hands as they push past you in the crowd;

ii) The walk of death on the first morning (made worse if you're carrying multiple tents)

ii) Trying to fight your way through the first Brothers of the morning

iv) School leavers' hoodies

v) Needing a piss in the middle of the night

vi) The Other Stage

vii) People shouting out hilarious memes ("Alan" or, the one I had a lot last year, "You know nothing John Snow").

Edited by Vanderlyle