Headliners 2016

thewayiam

• Replies 15.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Rudimental aren't going to headline. I reckon they might be a decent shout for a sub though. Don't think Foals will headline either.

I'm fairly sure you're right about Coldplay though.

nah after headlining Other this year (and playing 4th on the Pyramid the year before) Rudimental will surely give next year a miss

hope you're wrong about Coldplay. Coldplay not having headlined for a few years and with a new album on the horizon is definitely a daunting prospect, but i hope to god that they just fuck off for a few more years. they can do it come their next album, i promise

Is one spot 100% gone for Foo Fighters?

not 100% no. Strong Rumour on here, so Neil/efests must've heard something to make them seem likely, and obviously with them dropping out this year it makes sense that they'd schedule to play again (as they seem to be doing with other fests they dropped out of i think?)

hope you're wrong about Coldplay. Coldplay not having headlined for a few years and with a new album on the horizon is definitely a daunting prospect, but i hope to god that they just fuck off for a few more years. they can do it come their next album, i promise

I think he'll be wrong. I read on here the other day that it was on the fan club website or something about Coldplay planning to do a stadium tour next summer. I think 2017 would have been the earliest for them, Glasto don't just get headers back.

I think he'll be wrong. I read on here the other day that it was on the fan club website or something about Coldplay planning to do a stadium tour next summer. I think 2017 would have been the earliest for them, Glasto don't just get headers back.

yeah i don't think they'll do it myself. four times in fifteen festivals is just too much considering the huge net of headliners there is to choose from, and 2011 still seems not long ago at all (plus i'm 100% sticking with my Radiohead prediction, and i definitely can't see it being both)

Ah, forgot about Foo Fighters, I assume they must be playing, as per U2's attempt at headlining the year after Bono did his back in.

I would also hazard a guess that Disclosure with their new star-studded album will sub if the album is well received. I would definitely give that a miss after seeing them support Sbtrkt in Bristol a few years back. It was bloody awful, and seem to remember them bringing out Sam Smith at the end of the set too.

Shudder.

Disclosure almost nailed on to headline Other methinks. new album is drab though, and after being pretty underwhelmed with their set in 2014 i'll definitely be giving them a miss. stick em up against Radiohead

yeah i don't think they'll do it myself. four times in fifteen festivals is just too much considering the huge net of headliners there is to choose from, and 2011 still seems not long ago at all (plus i'm 100% sticking with my Radiohead prediction, and i definitely can't see it being both)

I would question both at the minute. As per the guys belows Disclosure thought, I think both them and The Prodigy are Other headers. The latter hitting Euro fests again with Snowbombing and unless the are UK Exclusive at V or Reading which I hardly doubt it I'd expect it.

Disclosure and Kendrick Lamar are two that seem pretty likely to me for Other headliners, not sure about a third. Something different would be nice - Tame Impala, New Order? The Prodigy could happen as well I guess.

I reckon Disclosure, New Order and The Prodigy to headline the Other Stage. I think, if he plays, Kendrick will sub on the Pyramid but I'm starting to have doubts as to whether he'll be back in Europe next summer - he's not a prolific tourer. Also think Tame Impala will be high up on the Pyramid due to playing Other last time; sub/third depending on who else they get and how they suit the headliner, so probably third.

Edited by dentalplan

I reckon Disclosure, New Order and The Prodigy to headline the Other Stage. I think, if he plays, Kendrick will sub on the Pyramid but I'm starting to have doubts as to whether he'll be back in Europe next summer - he's not a prolific tourer. Also think Tame Impala will be high up on the Pyramid due to playing Other last time; sub/third depending on who else they get and how they suit the headliner, so probably third.

New Order sub or headline JP. I don't think they'll get other header now.

I know they've got arena dates now but Tame Impala potentially subbing seems bizarre. Probably 3rd down if they play like you say. I think New Order would be a weak Other headliner these days so maybe them subbing it instead.

"He said four of the acts have headlined before, while two of the acts booked will top the bill for the first time."

Coldplay/Adele/fleetwood mac are my guesses could also put muse/the killers in line ( the killers more unlikely but id love to see them for once since i already seen muse )

My flatmate was in my room while we were trying to buy tickets yesterday and she asked me who's rumoured. I said I think Coldplay and Adele are the bookies favourites and she just shuddered and looked empty (or dead iniside).

Historically, have the bookie favorites been a good indicator of who ends up on stage?