Topic Chemical Brothers

tezshields

Really excited for the new album. Enjoyed EML Ritual at Glasto and the youtube upload of it. Been reading reviews for the new album and it seems that all the reviewers didn't much care for Further. Did I listen to the same album as this lot? i thought it was their best album since the 90s and i like We are the night a lot too.

• Replies 414
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Really excited for the new album. Enjoyed EML Ritual at Glasto and the youtube upload of it. Been reading reviews for the new album and it seems that all the reviewers didn't much care for Further. Did I listen to the same album as this lot? i thought it was their best album since the 90s and i like We are the night a lot too.

Further is my favourite album of theirs, and i've been buying them since the start.  i like it cos it's just them - no concessions to pop stars or 'songs', just ravers and dancefloors.

The album I return to the most is Further, remember seeing them do it in full at the Roundhouse before it was released and it absolutely blew me away. I had a listen to the iTunes previews of the new album yesterday, appear to be some pretty decent tracks in there although not sure it will reach the same heights for me - simply because I'm not big on the guest vocalist side of things when it comes to the Chems.

Further is my favourite album of theirs, and i've been buying them since the start.  i like it cos it's just them - no concessions to pop stars or 'songs', just ravers and dancefloors.

Yeah, the odd guest vocalist breaks things up, but they should be the exception rather than the rule.

I must say I'm not feeling particularly grabbed by the singles yet. The Chems are unusually for a dance act quite an albums band, so hopefully it will all gel when listened to as a whole. But I can't shake the the feeling that they're not really trying. Maybe I've not listened closely enough to the subtleties, but they don't seem to be letting loose as much as say, "Escape Velocity", "Another World", or "Swoon".

I really want to hear this album!

• 5 months later...

This whole 'pre-register' thing whiffs of hype and bullsh1t to me. I mean, unless they're playing my local pub (etc), what's the need? Or are we seriously thinking that that they're going to sell out Clapham Common/Hyde Park in the blink of an eye (especially considering how long it's taken to fail to sell out the latter in recent years)?

6 hours ago, Homer said:

This whole 'pre-register' thing whiffs of hype and bullsh1t to me. I mean, unless they're playing my local pub (etc), what's the need? Or are we seriously thinking that that they're going to sell out Clapham Common/Hyde Park in the blink of an eye (especially considering how long it's taken to fail to sell out the latter in recent years)?

SW4 festival does it every year and no it doesnt sell out quickly at all (but it does sell out about a month or 2 in advance) 

Ouch, looking at last year's lineup I reckon i'm only gonna be interested Chems unless they do rope in Hot Chip/New Order or someone like Jamie XX, so might give that a miss then. 

Their FB event claims they've booked the two biggest headliners they've ever had - wonder who the 2nd is... 

33 minutes ago, MattDavies__ said:

Ouch, looking at last year's lineup I reckon i'm only gonna be interested Chems unless they do rope in Hot Chip/New Order or someone like Jamie XX, so might give that a miss then. 

Their FB event claims they've booked the two biggest headliners they've ever had - wonder who the 2nd is... 

itll be an exageration but i could see pendulum's reformation being it