Secret resales 2015

Terence99

They could also be re-designing it for the 2016 sale?

I know it's well in advance, but they probably don't expect anyone to be paying attention to it at this time of year.

However, SEE, if you're reading this... I think it looked better when it was in the red bar at the top!

Problem with that is the bar gets lost at the top of the page when entering multiple ticket details and isn't very useful in highlighting if one of the ticket reg's is wrong - I wouldn't be surprised if the bar at the top is the old style and someone accidentally included it on an update, realised their mistake and rectified.

Don't be suprised if it's not Seetickets doing Glasto for 2016

They could also be re-designing it for the 2016 sale?

I know it's well in advance, but they probably don't expect anyone to be paying attention to it at this time of year.

However, SEE, if you're reading this... I think it looked better when it was in the red bar at the top!

Cityboy you're a ledgend mate. Thanks for adding me to your list.I only need one ticket....Mine. :ninja:

Also like to wish everybody who ain't got their tickets yet good luck. Keep the faith people, I got a good feeling about this. :biggrin:

Smoothly I know loads that had issues with it

Would be a surprise given how smoothly the sales went this year.

Not that I think the system is the fairest possible, but it's better than having a ticketmaster type queue - that would be horrible.

Would be a surprise given how smoothly the sales went this year.

Not that I think the system is the fairest possible, but it's better than having a ticketmaster type queue - that would be horrible.

It is a good system that See run, the only thing I would have changed is that they reserve you the tickets you have selected for a time after you have selected them, and give you time to fill the form in.

Ticketmaster, ticketweb, and a few others I use occasionally seem to have that facility in place. Thats why I didn't get a ticket for 2014 in October 2013, selected tickets and by the time I had corrected a mistake with my girlfriend's reg. no the tickets had sold out. If I had had even a 5 minute window, I would've had a ticket.

How does that system work?

I'm currently only trying for a mates brother (who I'm not really that close with) but I just find it all really interesting/quite exciting.

You get put into a queue as soon as they go on sale, which essentially means it's all down to the pot luck of who presses refresh within the 0.01 seconds that the sale goes live. After that point, it's all done and dusted and the first 150,000 (or however many) will eventually get their chance to buy the tickets and the ones behind that will never have a chance.

As it is now you have ~ 30 mins to refresh at the right time to get through.

Smoothly I know loads that had issues with it

Really? I wasn't aware there were any issues this year - but then I didn't read the failure threads much.

There were no crashes so I thought it was all just fine - except that some people never got past the holding page, or sold out when entering payment (but this is inherit in See's system)

You get put into a queue as soon as they go on sale, which essentially means it's all down to the pot luck of who presses refresh within the 0.01 seconds that the sale goes live. After that point, it's all done and dusted and the first 150,000 (or however many) will eventually get their chance to buy the tickets and the ones behind that will never have a chance.

As it is now you have ~ 30 mins to refresh at the right time to get through.

From what I can determine See isn't that different - the queue is to get onto the payment page and then it's a fastest finger. Only x number of people allowed to progress to payment page at a time and that is determined by how quick you are after the go-live date so same queue issue.

Must say I prefer the 2 mins to complete method as nothing worse than having the rug pulled from under your feet as you try and get payment details in.

I just think they should charge full amount up front, it will reduce the amount of people who will chance it for the sake of a £50 deposit (£35 of which they get back if they don't pay the balance in April). And this is coming from someone who has been successful in the main sale for the last 3 years......

But in the time you'd normally spend saving to pay the balance, you could just put that money away for next year's sale.

Altogether you're obviously paying the same amount over a year-long cycle, so all it takes is a little planning. You can still put the exact same amount of your earnings each month towards the ticket.

But in the time you'd normally spend saving to pay the balance, you could just put that money away for next year's sale.

Altogether you're obviously paying the same amount over a year-long cycle, so all it takes is a little planning. You can still put the exact same amount of your earnings each month towards the ticket.

Firstly, this presumes everyone will be planning for long periods of time, which isn't fair. Secondly, after the summer (i.e. October) lots of people will be paying off credit card bills for holidays, etc. and are likely going to be largely extending that towards Christmas. People will be happier to part with the bulk of £200 in April than in October, one assumes.

Edit: Thirdly, I'm sure the 'admin cancellation fee' accumulation probably becomes quite significant, so it's not likely that they'd change that anyway.

Edited by Tuna

I just think they should charge full amount up front, it will reduce the amount of people who will chance it for the sake of a £50 deposit (£35 of which they get back if they don't pay the balance in April). And this is coming from someone who has been successful in the main sale for the last 3 years......

They used to have two options on T Day. Full amount or deposit book flows. In 08 we did full amount and bought before 9... and then in 09, the full amount flow was crashing but we managed to get thru on the deposit flow...

I agree there should be a way to book the full amount sooner.