Secret resales 2015

Terence99

11 minutes ago, Friend Chicken said:

In the car now en route to LAX. First time using my phone as a hotspot! (on laptop)

Good luck! Do you live in the LA area? We're in West LA. Been up since 2:30am, PST. Dead tired, but determined not to miss out!

4 minutes ago, moheetoes said:

i do also remember getting drenched watching the scissor sisters in 2004 then proceeded to lose my phone, my friends but bimbled happily solo for the rest of the day 

that means groove armada must've been on the friday........ i think....or possibly sunday

First few times i went (2003 onwards) i would always get lost from my group at night. It would always still be loads of incredible fun being solo. Weve become better with phone charging and meeting places now, but i do sort of miss those days.

1 minute ago, lobo said:

First few times i went (2003 onwards) i would always get lost from my group at night. It would always still be loads of incredible fun being solo. Weve become better with phone charging and meeting places now, but i do sort of miss those days.

I hear that! Is there anywhere better to just be wandering to see what is around the corner? If so I haven't found it yet.

1 minute ago, lobo said:

Yep, the first few years I went I also ended up solo a lot and always had so much fun. For some reason, the first 3 or 4 times I went I had real trouble finding the stone circle (which was our meeting point), would end up walking in completely the wrong direction and having a ball on my own anyway. Aaah, cider <3

2 minutes ago, lobo said:

our group also have a few meeting spots across the site so always know roughly where they'll be - but saying that i got lost on the pyramid field coming back from the loos - almost impossible to spot your group in a crowd, especially when someone near you with a flag moves on.....

I kind of miss those early days too

Edited by moheetoes

4 minutes ago, punkrawkjoe said:

Good luck! Do you live in the LA area? We're in West LA. Been up since 2:30am, PST. Dead tired, but determined not to miss out!

Yeah man same to you. Orange County actually. Headed to St. Louis and surrounding environs for a family trip. Thankfully Central/Eastern time will make things a bit easier for me I hope in terms of sleep/waking up for this :)

1 minute ago, helsbellski said:

Yep, the first few years I went I also ended up solo a lot and always had so much fun. For some reason, the first 3 or 4 times I went I had real trouble finding the stone circle (which was our meeting point), would end up walking in completely the wrong direction and having a ball on my own anyway. Aaah, cider <3

Thats when you find the best stuff, heading in the wrong direction. And trying to find things you stumbled upon the next day was always impossible! 

1 minute ago, moheetoes said:

our group also have a few meeting spots across the site so always no roughly where they'll be - but saying that i got lost on the pyramid field coming back from the loos - almost impossible to spot your group in a crowd, especially when someone near you with a flag moves on.....

I kind of miss those early days too

Yeah the pyramid is tough to navigate back and forth. God, trying to spot someone in  a crowd at at night really is near impossible. The relief when you do though!

1 minute ago, lobo said:

Thats when you find the best stuff, heading in the wrong direction. And trying to find things you stumbled upon the next day was always impossible! 

Totally. I remember stumbling into some sort of freak show in 2003 or 2004. It was massively creepy, particularly given the amount of, ahem, herbal remedies we'd imbibed. Could we find it again? Nope!