announcement

eFestivals

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow that was a surprising read. Is it drinking evening oop norf?

Meanwhile, in our nation's capital:

lunch and tea

Scon not scown

And lots of confusing chat about tea, cakes, teacakes and various bread rolls that I can't make head nor tails of...

What do you call a breadbun down south?

lunch and tea

Scon not scown

And lots of confusing chat about tea, cakes, teacakes and various bread rolls that I can't make head nor tails of...

While or until?

lunch and tea

Scon not scown

yes this is me too, although i participated in a survey once which found out that the language you use has some correlation to your class

Edit: i mean that much is obvious, but even down to the small things like dinner/lunch and tea/dinner... i can't remember the exact questions

Edited by Bignews

I've been trying to follow this conversation for the last few pages, and I think I've finally figured it out. You're all talking about Cobs?

Well jut say Cob then ffs.

Having lived in the north and south I'd reserve the word cob for a crusty roll. As far as I'm concerned muffin/breadbun/teacake are soft.

Having lived in the north and south I'd reserve the word cob for a crusty roll. As far as I'm concerned muffin/breadbun/teacake are soft.

as far as i'm aware, a cob is what sweetcorn comes on, i really need to live further north for a while

Until not while (never heard that until today (or should that be while today))

Not really sure what a breadbun is. Maybe a roll or a bap? A quick Google found this, seems like a world of confusion...

http://bizarrebritain.com/bun-bap-stottie-nudger-or-barm-cake/

Yeah roll and bap are probably what I'd use after breadbun. None of this muffin/teacake/barm/BATCH(?!) lark.

I thought every evening was up there :P

What do you call a breadbun down south?

As far as I can make out, you mean a roll? :S

Well that was very confusing few pages to make heads or tails of! While/Well make no sense so ever! (5 well 6, would mean you are not sure of the time! and while just doesn't be right at all!) Its Until!