How early have you arrived at a stage to get that perfect viewing spot?

yehbutnobut

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

apart from the stones I honestly think rolf harris pulled the biggest crowd I've ever seen at glasto. never understood the fuss with him. just a weird idiot playing really silly songs isn't he.

Even though you're a troll you make a fair point here. Rolf on Jazzworld in 2009 one lunchtime was utterly insane in terms of business. Certainly the busiest I've ever seen that field.

Edited by Hugh Jass

Even though you're a troll you make a fair point here. Rolf on Jazzworld in 2009 one lunchtime was utterly insane in terms of business. Certainly the busiest I've ever seen that field.

While it was full, it wasn't packed-full. I was level with the Brothers Bar and there was plenty of room to move about where I was and quite a few people in chairs. I was even sat in the shade of someone's chair with a massive hangover wondering why I was trying to eat a pie in that heat.

i'm assuming he meant Rolf on Pyramid on 2002, not '09...far bigger crowd. but, what for? i agree...

Watched Slash so I could get front and central for Ray Davies in 2010 but then just ended up staying there til the end for Stevie Wonder. Some might feel like it's a waste of their day but being at the front for Stevie was incredible, it's been a difficult one to top. Seeing Faithless as well from that position wasn't bad mind you.

While it was full, it wasn't packed-full. I was level with the Brothers Bar and there was plenty of room to move about where I was and quite a few people in chairs. I was even sat in the shade of someone's chair with a massive hangover wondering why I was trying to eat a pie in that heat.

Really? I was over on the other side and you could barely move.

I used to rush to the front at gigs when I first started going. Unfortunately for me, my earlier gigs were mainly rock and heavy metal bands.

For Rage Against The Machine at Leeds '08 I was four rows from the front. By the end of it I was about 10 rows from the front and had to hold my breath every time the crowd surged forward as I was tightly crushed between the two people in front and behind me.

I don't regret it, I enjoyed the gig at the time, but I get more enjoyment out of being much further back at gigs now. After all, I'm there to hear them live rather than see them, so I'd rather not risk my health.

I agree with the poster regarding the tents though. My friend wanted to see Jake Bugg at the Acoustic both last year and in 2013. We turned up just before he began, couldn't get in, and couldn't even see the stage. Fortunately I don't like him so I was nonplussed, he may have been a little more gutted his preparation wasn't as good as it should have been however.

I used to rush to the front at gigs when I first started going. Unfortunately for me, my earlier gigs were mainly rock and heavy metal bands.

For Rage Against The Machine at Leeds '08 I was four rows from the front. By the end of it I was about 10 rows from the front and had to hold my breath every time the crowd surged forward as I was tightly crushed between the two people in front and behind me.

I don't regret it, I enjoyed the gig at the time, but I get more enjoyment out of being much further back at gigs now. After all, I'm there to hear them live rather than see them, so I'd rather not risk my health.

I agree with the poster regarding the tents though. My friend wanted to see Jake Bugg at the Acoustic both last year and in 2013. We turned up just before he began, couldn't get in, and couldn't even see the stage. Fortunately I don't like him so I was nonplussed, he may have been a little more gutted his preparation wasn't as good as it should have been however.

I saw Rage when they did their Finsbury "Jog on Simon Cowell" concert. Had exactly the same problem. Went straight to the front, maybe 10 back or so. Complete nightmare. The crowd surges were horrific and couldn't enjoy it. Experience has taught me to stay as far away from the front at "heavier" gigs as possible.

Not my idea of fun. One of our group does this, armed with drinks, food and something to pee into, definitely not worth the 12 hour effort no matter who it is...

Even the Pyramid stage you can get to the front later on if you really want to, join the throng before the second from last act, work your way in, we did that for Springsteen, my mate got front row and I was close enough!