Vegetarian Meals

alexwetherell

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Manic Organic all the way! It's at the top of the Greenpeace just off the Railway track, delicious food

EDIT: Greenpeace field sorry, just up past the Glade

Edited by pentura

I'm vegetarian too and personal favourites are Ghandi's flip flop near West Holts, Mexican place at the Park, haloumi cones by pyramid, manic organic and there was a good vege burger place at west Holts (blue moon?) but that wasn't there last time I was there in 2013. Can't beat square pie too

I have recently stopped eating meat (still eating fish though, so not a proper veggie!) so will be on the look out for veggie food.

I do remember in 2011 I had a lovely veggie chili with cous cous in a little tent in the tipi field, it was delicious and with a chest infection and stinking cold, was the first food I'd been able to taste for days!!!

There was also a little place further down in the Greenpeace fields that did great cheese tooasties with mushrooms / beans. Can't remember what the place was called but had a selection of cheeses and was nice and light for breakfast if you didn't fancy a big plate!

Next to the Crossiant Neuf tent there is a tent selling the best veggie salad I have ever eaten. I'm a massive meat eater but would be happy to eat there every day. It was £7 but was a big plateful of fantastic tasting bits

Nobody's said No Bones Jones yet? Goodness me. I think it was right at the southernmost end of the William's Green field last year, does exceptional hearty meals, it's important to get a good wholesome tea in yer belly before you go out on the piss. The Vegetarian & Vegan stall that Russy posted is an important staple, I think I've eaten something from one of their vans at every festival I've been to, reliably filling and delicious burgers every time.

Any Mexican stall worth its salt will have some really great veggie options, that'll loosen you up for a trip to the longdrops! There's the Flaming Cactus in the Other Stage field which do pretty lovely burritos and another place up at the park which provided me with a lovely chili which I enjoyed while watching Yoko Ono freak the shit out of everybody last year. I've also got very fond memories of sitting on top of the hill at the back of the Park in the blazing sunshine of 2013, chowing down on a big plate from the Lebanese Mezze, the stuffed vine leaves were something else.

I've also enjoyed a delicious curry wrap from a van near the Leftfield on a few occasions, and had some mind bending curries from Ghandi's flip flop in the West Holts field. There's really far too many options to list them all, every corner of the site will have something that caters to you.