Vegetarian Meals

alexwetherell

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

There's a vegan burger/samosa/cake van just at the very bottom of the Green Fields on the right, just around the bush from those toilets at the crossroads to West Holts - which is excellent.

The Buddhist Cafe at the top of Green Fields does all sorts of vegan curries, vegan fry-ups etc with mugs of tea. With 'real plates and mugs', which always feels like a novelty there.

A few ace falafel places around too.

Never had a bad veggie meal from the vendors in tipis at the bottom of the tipi field, on the walkway to the Stone Circle. A halloumi masala burrito stands out quite vividly from recent years..the food was great and someone took one of my wellies while I was in there..so I walked around with one mismatched/sized welly for the rest of the weekend.

ANYWAY, for a cheap and filling veggie option when you're near the pyramid/cider bus, I would give the Tor Rugby Club a go. Basic, cheap, plentiful Mexican

I feel very sorry that you won't all be enjoying the Royal Lamb wrap from Baba Gupta. They are awesome.

But on the plus side we aren't playing a role in the horrific violent death of a sentient being, after living a life of misery and torture.

So there is that.

Edited by russycarps

But on the plus side we aren't playing a role in the horrific violent death of a sentient being, after living a life of misery and torture.

So there is that.

So you'd be up for a barbecue of the people left standing in The Temple at 6am Monday morning?

ANYWAY, for a cheap and filling veggie option when you're near the pyramid/cider bus, I would give the Tor Rugby Club a go. Basic, cheap, plentiful Mexican

Noticed a recommendation for this on the boards a few weeks ago, I'll definitely have to pay it a visit this year. I definitely think Glastonbury is my food highlight of the year, I never get the same quality and variety across a 5 day period, I'm lucky if I get it across the space of a month in the outside world.

Always make sure to pop down to our omnivorous friends at Manic Organic at least once if not more during the festival but will try explore more veggie places this year. The Mexican sounds really good!

Manic Organic excellent for stir fries, curries and salads but has got pricey. Yum veggie roast Sunday dinners at Queen Delilah's. Top dhal at Goan Fish curries. Hare Krishna tent for free vegan curry & rice. Join in some chanting while you're there, it's good for the soul :biggrin: Nice, generous falafel wrap place in Green Fields last year - can't remember the name, but met the owner, nice bloke - all fresh made, not from a mix (like the places near the Pyramid). Was round the corner from Manic Organic, going down towards Pennards Organic wine bar.

We're spoilt for choice at Glasto!

Always pay a trip to the Indian Veggie Curry stall by the bridge going in to West Holts, run by Suresh and his family. A great festival special plate for about £5.95 and they provide tables and chairs to sit and eat.

IndianFood-20100724-1288871352.jpg

And not veggie but highly recommended - La Grande Bouffe for a tartiflette.

GreenMan14GrandeBouffe.jpg

I've always walked past that curry place thinking it looked a bit cheap and shit, but you're not the first person I've heard to recommend it so I might give it a try this year.

And if they do chips, even better. I do love a curry with half rice half chips.