Kanye west confirmed

mike99

15 minutes ago, Winslow Leach said:

Yeah it's pretty good, but it's nowhere near as good as Real Friends. I was really knocked out by that one to be honest.

these new songs have given me new hope for the album after stuff like Facts and Only One lowered expectations significantly

interesting that he mentions writers block in this new song. guess that explains the year and a half delay

59 minutes ago, ghostdancer1 said:

it's pretty good, wasn't really that arsed with Kendrick on it though, and those vocal samples are a bit clunky. nice beat from Madlib though.

Kendrick's features are generally kinda run-of-the-mill though aren't they? Deep Water aside of course. His times as top rapper in the game and rent-a-verse rapper are overlapping.

Haven't listened to this but I didn't know it was gonna be Madlib again. Need to delve into more of his stuff.

1 hour ago, FloorFiller said:

if Real Friends and this are anything to go by then it sounds like the new album is going back to a really old school hip hop production sound, which i'm more than happy with. nice to sound Kanye actually rapping again

They only finished this off this weekend so is it definitely gonna be on the already announced Swish? Would be funny if it's still not finished.

Just now, dentalplan said:

They only finished this off this weekend so is it definitely gonna be on the already announced Swish? Would be funny if it's still not finished.

well Yeezus was famously finished and delivered stupidly late so it wouldn't surprise me if it happened again. i think Kanye likes to do it this way to avoid leaks as much as possible. not sure if any of these songs will make the finished product though actually - just gonna have to wait for the tracklist to come out i guess. i hope so, as both this and Real Friends are fantastic, although if they're not on the album and this is what he's decided to leave off then i guess that's also pretty exciting

A Def Jam rep has apparently said that next week there'll be a single off SWISH released, which makes it seem like Real Friends and NMPILA are not for SWISH, which is a bummer. Not sure if anything's coming tonight but I suppose whatever it is won't be on the album. Just when it looked like we were seeing what SWISH was gonna be like as well. :lol:

5 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

A Def Jam rep has apparently said that next week there'll be a single off SWISH released, which makes it seem like Real Friends and NMPILA are not for SWISH, which is a bummer. Not sure if anything's coming tonight but I suppose whatever it is won't be on the album. Just when it looked like we were seeing what SWISH was gonna be like as well. :lol:

not necessarily true - both Real Friends and No More Parties In LA could just be album tracks rather than 'singles' per se, much like how we heard New Slaves first but Black Skinhead was the single. if that's not the case then that's a shame as they're both great songs, but it does make me excited for what actually made the cut if those are what he's left off

had totally forgotten about today's thing, but looks like we ain't getting anything once again! seems odd to announce (or your wife announce) a weekly release on a specific day and then fail to deliver on it almost immediately

5 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

i was kind of hoping that because of the old school sound of the songs he'd be going back to having like 18 songs on the album, but ah well, nice to see those familiar songs on the tracklist, even if it is a bit disappointing to have already heard almost the entire second half of the album

Yeah I had hoped for that but I'd rather ten that fit together than fifteen - including Only One, All Day and stuff - that don't.

I haven't heard Fade and apparently it only premiered at one of his fashion shows. If you were willing to listen to a Vine of a fashion show for new Kanye then you can't complain about having heard too much of it. :P

Just now, dentalplan said:

I haven't heard Fade and apparently it only premiered at one of his fashion shows. If you were willing to listen to a Vine of a fashion show for new Kanye then you can't complain about having heard too much of it. :P

i was very much willing to do that, yes, but now remember that i gave up half way through and can't actually remember what it was like so it's alright

4 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

i was very much willing to do that, yes, but now remember that i gave up half way through and can't actually remember what it was like so it's alright

Just remembered there's a new song out this week - I might give it a miss just to save something for listening to the album.

Also, apparently there's a G.O.O.D. Friday track that's 'running late' with Chance the Rapper involved but we'll have to hang around and see if that's a) true and b) on the album. Also they've tacked "Part 1 of 2" onto one of the song titles so maybe theres more than just Swish in the pipeline?

i would say the same but i know i won't be able to resist and will end up listening to it

the 'part 1 of 2' bit is interesting, though. guess we'll have to wait and see what comes of that - hopefully like you said, something more than just Swish from Kanye, and not (which is probably more likely) another rapper (like Chance) releasing part 2 as their own song

I actually like All Day and Only One, but I'm glad we're getting an album that Kanye's aggressive perfectionism deems acceptable for public consumption.

On 1/25/2016 at 7:42 AM, FloorFiller said:

i was kind of hoping that because of the old school sound of the songs he'd be going back to having like 18 songs on the album, but ah well, nice to see those familiar songs on the tracklist, even if it is a bit disappointing to have already heard almost the entire second half of the album

In all honesty, I think Yeezus was a great album because it didn't fuck around. Late Registration falls just short of being one of the all-time greats because of stuff like fucking Celebration.