Kanye west confirmed

mike99

Just now, GETOFFAMYLAWN said:

I actually like All Day and Only One, but I'm glad we're getting an album that Kanye's aggressive perfectionism deems acceptable for public consumption.

i wasn't too fond of Only One, but i loved All Day - never got the 'meh' attitude a lot of people seemed to have towards that song

2 minutes ago, GETOFFAMYLAWN said:

In all honesty, I think Yeezus was a great album because it didn't fuck around. Late Registration falls just short of being one of the all-time greats because of stuff like fucking Celebration.

Celebration is great! nothing mind-blowing but a fun song. don't think there's a bad song on Late Registration (even one if it's bonus tracks, Late, is one of my favourite ever Kanye songs). although i agree with you about Yeezus - 10 songs was enough. i was just hoping for a whole load of new Kanye, really!

2 minutes ago, GETOFFAMYLAWN said:

1. Touch The Sky
2. Gold Digger
3. Drive Slow
4. My Way Home
5. Crack Music
6. Bring Me Down
7. Addiction
8. Diamonds From Sierra Leone
9. Hey Mamma
10. Gone

FTFY, Kanye. Masterpiece.

no We Major (the best song on there), you lose

What is the matter with you? After the gut punch of Hey Mama, you get unceremoniously dragged back down to Earth with a really awkward and clunky "Yeah, you know what this is. It's a celebration bitcheeeees! Grab a drink, grab a glass. After that I grab your ass". Kanye doesn't really do stinkers, but when he does, he fucking stinks the place out like nobody's business.

And We Major's got some good moments, but never really goes anywhere for me.

Edited by GETOFFAMYLAWN

1 minute ago, GETOFFAMYLAWN said:

What is the matter with you? After the gut punch of Hey Mama, you get unceremoniously dragged back down to Earth with a really awkward and clunky "Yeah, you know what this is. It's a celebration bitcheeeees! Grab a drink, grab a glass. After that I grab your ass". Kanye doesn't really do stinkers, but when he does, he fucking stinks the place out like nobody's business.

talking out of your arse mate. and besides, even if you don't like it one song out of fourteen ain't bad - many 'masterpieces' have had more shit songs on them

1 hour ago, GETOFFAMYLAWN said:

I actually like All Day and Only One, but I'm glad we're getting an album that Kanye's aggressive perfectionism deems acceptable for public consumption.

In all honesty, I think Yeezus was a great album because it didn't fuck around. Late Registration falls just short of being one of the all-time greats because of stuff like fucking Celebration.

Just going back to this; I liked both of those too but I just think if they don't fit then it's cool that he's left 'em off. The album has been so drawn out that putting those songs on before he got a feel for the album as a whole would've been shitty. I think Wolves will be a bit different to how it was as well.

Anyway, I see this hasn't been mentioned. SWISH live premiere from MSG - 9:15 Thursday 11th Feb at your local Cineworld, if your local Cineworld is one of the 18 cinemas on the list.

Just now, FloorFiller said:

wonder if with it being filmed he'll have Kendrick/other album guests with him at the show

also interesting that Wolves was originally supposed to be the opening song on the album and is now the closing song, so i'm guessing it will've had quite the reworking to fit this

I don't think it's a live performance. It'll just be the album streamed and some interpretive dance or catwalk or some shit.

1 minute ago, dentalplan said:

I don't think it's a live performance. It'll just be the album streamed and some interpretive dance or catwalk or some shit.

ah right i totally read that wrong - thought he was performing the album live in full. that's a bit less exciting then, as i'm sure it will leak before the release day so i will've already heard it

3 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

Sod that then, better things to do on a Thursday night (specifically; eat peanut butter right out the jar and bingewatch Rupaul on Netflix).

I dunno for sure, like. It's just that Yeezy Season 1 & 2 were both fashion shows soundtracked by new Kanye music and this is 3. However 90 mins would be a bit long for that, I guess.

Is Swish available to preorder or anything yet? I'm kinda getting the feeling that it won't even be out on Feb 11 (a Thursday?) and that date that was given was for this launch event. Maybe it's out the next day, but if it's not being released physically that day then there won't be any chance of hearing it before Feb 11.

3 hours ago, dentalplan said:

Just going back to this; I liked both of those too but I just think if they don't fit then it's cool that he's left 'em off. The album has been so drawn out that putting those songs on before he got a feel for the album as a whole would've been shitty. I think Wolves will be a bit different to how it was as well.

Anyway, I see this hasn't been mentioned. SWISH live premiere from MSG - 9:15 Thursday 11th Feb at your local Cineworld, if your local Cineworld is one of the 18 cinemas on the list.

its also at vue.