Kanye west confirmed

mike99

I find it funny people think many ukip supporters would go to glasto anyway....it's widely known as a very liberal left wing centred festival......I would have thourght the presence of certain charities and groups like cnd etc would scare these right wing nobjockeys off rather then a black dude on the pyramid stage......after all they wouldn't wsnt to be seen to be mixing with us lefty Marxist communist Stalinist liberal limp wrists would they......lol.........

you'd be surprised.. i've seen people there claiming to be BNP

what does his personal life have to do with his headline performance? people will find any reason to say he shouldn't play. i bet if we delve in to the twitter accounts of other headliners we can find a lot of faults with them too

what im saying is, there will be a lot of objection because of the type of individual that he is, which blatantly goes against the perceived ethos of Glastonbury. For me personally, that is why I dont want to see him there.

Of course many other acts before and in future are just as bad if not worse, but he is just so openly a twat.

what im saying is, there will be a lot of objection because of the type of individual that he is, which blatantly goes against the perceived ethos of Glastonbury. For me personally, that is why I dont want to see him there.

Of course many other acts before and in future are just as bad if not worse, but he is just so openly a twat.

well then i guess we should't let David Bowie, Led Zeppelin, Iggy Pop, or the Stones play then considering they've all definitely had sex with underage girls - didn't find the part about nonces in the Glastonbury handbook

well then i guess we should't let David Bowie, Led Zeppelin, Iggy Pop, or the Stones play then considering they've all definitely had sex with underage girls - didn't find the part about nonces in the Glastonbury handbook

there's certainly a strong argument for not allowing peadophiles and statutory rapists play, yes.

Just seen the twitter photos he posted the other day of his naked wife saying how lucky he is. It's shit like this, the blatant sexual objectification of women, that add to him being a complete c**t.

It's bad enough that a lot of the hip hop industry does it in videos etc, but he is doing it in his spare time of his own accord.

Really, in keeping with Glastonbury ethics?

thats one way to look at it

i don't think he is objectifying her at all, it's not like he's posting the pictures without her consent or saying things like "this is my bitch" or "i own that" or even saying anything sexist at all

his wife is perfectly comfortable with her body being out there and Kanye is happy to tell the world how lucky he thinks he is, given he's supposedly such a egotist it's quite incredible that he thinks he's lucky about anything

• Upvote 1

thats one way to look at it

i don't think he is objectifying her at all, it's not like he's posting the pictures without her consent or saying things like "this is my bitch" or "i own that" or even saying anything sexist at all

his wife is perfectly comfortable with her body being out there and Kanye is happy to tell the world how lucky he thinks he is, given he's supposedly such a egotist it's quite incredible that he thinks he's lucky about anything

certainly another way to look at it. Still very egotistical though "look at what I've got everybody and you haven't"

Edited by Big Vern

I think the petition is a joke. If you don't like the act and it's affecting your Glastonbury so much then don't go. At the end of the day, I think Kanye is brilliant and have never seen him live, would've loved the chance to see him at Glastonbury but I didn't manage to get tickets so I bought tickets to Rock Werchter instead but it just frustrates me being someone that does like him that cannot go to Glastonbury.

certainly another way to look at it. Still very egotistical though "look at what I've got everybody and you haven't"

But how long have him and Kim been an item? 2 years or something like that?

He's been disliked long before that so to blame their relationship and him 'parading' her doesn't get to the root cause of the hate. Adds to it, yes, but that's only for people who already didn't like the guy.

Signing in for my 2 pennies worth - I saw one of my friends on Facebook post this petition flying around which rubbed me up the wrong way as I know full well they've never been to Glastonbury.

They might not even have tickets this year - so what does it matter to them?

There has been too many petitions this week, the one about Jeremy Clarkson is surely on the same level here - People like him because he's an idiot, but they'll watch Top Gear. I know Kanye is a bit of a plonker, but I enjoy his music and have no doubt in my mind he'll put on a cracking show.

Full respect to the Eavis family for this one - an act that musically deserves his headline spot on the Pyramid stage. Much more exciting than any other middle of the road festival headliner I have seen so far this year.

Blessing in disguise - All those who don't want to go to Glastonbury for the spirit can get a refund and I'll get myself one in the resale. I don't really want to watch the coverage on the BBC thank you.

Edited by adms

He is saying he's lucky, he isn't saying what other people have and haven't got. Watch the interview with Zane Lowe, it might make you see him in a different light to what usually all the media outlets let on. He's a clever man with an opinion, which he has admitted is sometimes wrong. People don't like that he has an opinion because very little people actually do these days, things are just said because that'd what everyone wants to hear!

He is saying he's lucky, he isn't saying what other people have and haven't got. Watch the interview with Zane Lowe, it might make you see him in a different light to what usually all the media outlets let on. He's a clever man with an opinion, which he has admitted is sometimes wrong. People don't like that he has an opinion because very little people actually do these days, things are just said because that'd what everyone wants to hear!

i guess im just an old fashioned dude. He could have said the exact same thing without posting photos of her naked surely?

I love my wife dearly and think I am one lucky man to have her. I'm not going to post photos of her naked on Facebook though to share with everyone else.

I find it funny people think many ukip supporters would go to glasto anyway....it's widely known as a very liberal left wing centred festival......I would have thourght the presence of certain charities and groups like cnd etc would scare these right wing nobjockeys off rather then a black dude on the pyramid stage......after all they wouldn't wsnt to be seen to be mixing with us lefty Marxist communist Stalinist liberal limp wrists would they......lol.........

I think generally you are right and that for a lot of people Glastonbury is more than just the bands playing, but a chance to be part of a special community. However we have heard some people on this site saying they wouldn't go if AC/DC aren't playing or whatever.

I guess the augument about Kanye playing is getting a bit messy. People auguing he shouldn't play because they don't like his music I don't understand ( just listen to something else). Not sure where I stand re the augument that he shouldn't be playing due to him not being a nice person, I'm sure some of the previous headliners wouldn't be particularly nice to chat to either.

I won't be watching him, but I wouldn't want anything to do with this petition. In fact the petition seems to be making me augue for his right to play, which pisses me off a bit.

i guess im just an old fashioned dude. He could have said the exact same thing without posting photos of her naked surely?

I love my wife dearly and think I am one lucky man to have her. I'm not going to post photos of her naked on Facebook though to share with everyone else.

no obviously but i'm sure your wife like mine would be pretty fuming that i posted naked pictures of her online, i imagine for Kim it's actually a really nice compliment for her

no obviously but i'm sure your wife like mine would be pretty fuming that i posted naked pictures of her online, i imagine for Kim it's actually a really nice compliment for her

even if my mrs didnt mind, I just wouldnt, because it is for no other reason that the sexual gratification of other people who want to see her naked. It is just further publicity for brand Westashian.

I can say how lucky I am and glad she is with me, without showing any photos of her, but if I did, why do they need to be of her naked?

Edited by Big Vern

even if my mrs didnt mind, I just wouldnt, because it is for no other reason that the sexual gratification of other people who want to see her naked.

I can say how lucky I am and glad she is with me, without showing any photos of her, but if I did, why do they need to be of her naked?

But (I assume) you like in th real world with us 'normal' folk where such a thing would never happen.

Kanye is a multi millionaire, very famous celebrity who obviously has a big ego. I can't see what harm he is doing (or harm he had ever done) to anybody else.

don't get me wrong, i think it's a bit odd, no doubt about that, i just don't think it's a reason to ban him from Glastonbury

let's be right his wife gets naked for a living, maybe it's his way of he was proud of her work, the photos were pictures of a modeling shoot she's done, it wasn't just pictures of her growler that he snapped on his phone post coitus

But (I assume) you like in th real world with us 'normal' folk where such a thing would never happen.

Kanye is a multi millionaire, very famous celebrity who obviously has a big ego. I can't see what harm he is doing (or harm he had ever done) to anybody else.

well with fame, comes public opinion, you're putting yourself out there to be judged. He clearly strongly divides opinion. I just dislike his massive ego and narcissism, which of course many, many performers have, his is just so in your face. For me, puts me off him as an individual, but i do like a lot of his output. Does he warrant a headliner slot at a festival, damn right he does.

Does his headliner slot at a festival like Glastonbury with such strong ethics, albeit diluted as the years go by, trouble me? Yes it does.

Will him headlining Glastonbury have any effect on my week there? Will it fuck.

Does him headlining Glastonbury actually benefit me? Yes it does as it's one less clash to worry about.

his wife got famous through a sex tape, and then chose to cause a big stir last year by having her arse on the front of a magazine. i doubt she cares about some partially nude photos being posted on her husbands' twitter account

I'm not saying she cares or not, clearly she posed for them and will have chosen which he uploaded. What I'm saying is that it is this constant crass publicity craving that sickens me and I think drives a lot of the dislike for him.

But by doing it, he is breaking her down to nothing but an object of sexual desire. It was only a few days ago a thread on here was dedicated to female equality at the festival. Is he saying I am so lucky to be with this woman, who has her own business enterprises and is a strong independent woman? No he's saying "look at the tits and ass on that and it's all mine"

• Upvote 1