Super Furry Animals!

michael eavis' beard

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was trying to contact some of you on here. Network issues prevented this. Was close to the Lands End Bar, Calgon. Next time maybe mate.

Having met you briefly at the Weds meet Wooderson (a pleasure of course, sorry if I was a bit pissed) I was keeping an eye out and pretty confident I would spot you if I saw you... I didn't. We were on the Lands End side but quite far in.

Strangers in the night.....

Or in Glasgow if you're over for U2.

(Provided I've recovered from the painful surgical procedure I may have to shortly undergo as a more-or-less direct result of Glasto 2015)

Mardy and Becky both asking after you on a couple of occasions mate.

Yep - I'm at the Sat night for The '2.

Injured at Glasters?

Let's just say that Glasto hedonism has, perhaps, crystallised a previously latent issue and it looks like I'm on a one way ticket to a good old scalpel-slicing where no one in their right mind wants one.

Oh dear!!

Edited by The Nal

Having met you briefly at the Weds meet Wooderson (a pleasure of course, sorry if I was a bit pissed) I was keeping an eye out and pretty confident I would spot you if I saw you... I didn't. We were on the Lands End side but quite far in.

Not at all mate. Look forward to spending more time over a couple of beers the next time.

I mooked about Stonebridge and Landsend with a flag in hand prior to kick off, not really knowing what I was looking for, unless I bumped into Wooderson whom id have recognised and then gave up, packed the flag away, beered up and put on the dancing shoes.............

Shame there was not Efests pile on! ;)

Also the footage of the crowds at Glastonbury going mental...you don't get that anymore...

You really dont do you?

Im probably too old to be going mental these days, but I gave it some welly up at the Park on the Friday night this year and had a great time with a big stupid ass grin on my face, but there was no "whole crowd" bouncing moment that I can recall. 

I have not personally witness one of those moments in a very very long time at a gig TBF

I do recall being at a Kula Shaker gig a long long time ago and felt like a bounce, so me and some friends started, but the folk around us did not follow suit and we were then told to stop and we would be obstructing others view.............thats the day for me that gig goers began to be noticeably dry shites and now gigs are probably 90% (if not more) full of these folk..........a shame

You really dont do you?

Im probably too old to be going mental these days, but I gave it some welly up at the Park on the Friday night this year and had a great time with a big stupid ass grin on my face, but there was no "whole crowd" bouncing moment that I can recall. 

I have not personally witness one of those moments in a very very long time at a gig TBF

I do recall being at a Kula Shaker gig a long long time ago and felt like a bounce, so me and some friends started, but the folk around us did not follow suit and we were then told to stop and we would be obstructing others view.............thats the day for me that gig goers began to be noticeably dry shites and now gigs are probably 90% (if not more) full of these folk..........a shame

It's very strange. The bounce was going on in the footage of not just glastonbury, but all the inside venues too. And not just in the UK, but the people in the japan footage were bouncing like crazy too!

I guess this generation is just more self conscious and reserved. And they are too worried about dropping their phone!

I guess this generation is just more self conscious and reserved. And they are too worried about dropping their phone!

I did see a bloke at the Chems this year crowd surfing in a rubber dinghy which put a smile on my face with a nod to those times, but the fool was waving about a digital SLR camera taking photos as he moved through the crowd and then the inevitable happened............he capsized and went splat into the crowd and fuck knows if that camera survived............I also noticed tent surfing I think at the Chems................

Edit - Chems was by far the best crowd I was in all weekend (just not best gig)

Edited by ThomThomDrum

If you look at footage of gigs in the 60s, 70s and 80s, people aren't bouncing. Jimi Hendrix at Woodstock, Led Zep at Knebworth, the Stones at Hyde Park - no one feels the need to act like Zebedee and jump up and down on the spot like they're warming up for pilates.

But if you look at footage from the 1990s its full of people bouncing, all up and down to Ocean Colour Scene and Cast and Dodgy.

It was a momentary aberration that lasted too long and I'm glad noone does it anymore.

If you look at footage of gigs in the 60s, 70s and 80s, people aren't bouncing. Jimi Hendrix at Woodstock, Led Zep at Knebworth, the Stones at Hyde Park - no one feels the need to act like Zebedee and jump up and down on the spot like they're warming up for pilates.

But if you look at footage from the 1990s its full of people bouncing, all up and down to Ocean Colour Scene and Cast and Dodgy.

It was a momentary aberration that lasted too long and I'm glad noone does it anymore.

Miserable sod.

Dunno. You could argue that the more self conscious people dance and jump more to prove to themselves or others that they're having a good time. 

"Why aren't you dancing?"

"Because I'm watching the fucking gig".

Lets talk about mosh pits. Are they more fun?

:ph34r: