1 hour ago, Chavmeisterdeluxe said:

Also on the tour front...

Black Sabbath

22nd Jan - Manchester Arena

24th Glasgow Hydro

26th Leeds First Direct Arena

29 & 31 O2 London

2nd & 4th Feb Birmingham Genting Arena

Brilliant news! Mother Murphy will be pleased.

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah that is a massive shame about Architects. Hopefully they can take the time they need though and come back raring to go. 

On a different note, ADTR were absolutely sh*t hot at the Kerrang! Awards last night. The new songs sounded absolutely massive live. If they play a secret set at Download today then everybody is in for a treat. I can't wait for the day they headline. 

Props to Asking Alexandria too, they were great also. Denis Stoff is the best screamer I've ever heard live. The guys range is unbelievable. 

Rammstein

Halestorm

Shinedown

Wildhearts

Special mention to KSE, who I described on here a few years ago as a poor man's FFDP. I thought they were excellent.

Not fussed with Sabbath or Maiden. Hopefully people enjoyed them. Was in the campervan field - thank fuck for that.

Walked up to the village on Saturday, had forgotten how it is. Hats off to those that do it every year.

Loved it this year,  as always.

Just went on the Sunday. Arena was abysmal. Way past the level of dangerous. Security were twats. Stopped me taking small soft drink into arena but seemingly perfectly ok with the folk with mountains of cans and shit loads of weed. Car park was in no way fit for purpose. No steel roads and charging the same for one day as 5 is extortion  

Sound was shite for Maiden.

Still, I enjoyed Halestorm, Amon Amarth, Distrubed and Billy Talent. Jane's were quite good but I'm not sure they went over so well with a lot of folk. Shinedown were sodding corporate blandness. Fits right in with the festival. 

I'll probably not be going again (7th and last time I think).

2 hours ago, thegremlin_1999 said:

Just went on the Sunday. Arena was abysmal. Way past the level of dangerous. Security were twats. Stopped me taking small soft drink into arena but seemingly perfectly ok with the folk with mountains of cans and shit loads of weed. Car park was in no way fit for purpose. No steel roads and charging the same for one day as 5 is extortion  

Sound was shite for Maiden.

Still, I enjoyed Halestorm, Amon Amarth, Distrubed and Billy Talent. Jane's were quite good but I'm not sure they went over so well with a lot of folk. Shinedown were sodding corporate blandness. Fits right in with the festival. 

I'll probably not be going again (7th and last time I think).

Wow!, I'm glad I didn't go. They don't give a shit about the people anymore and the festival owner/booker or whatever is a class a w*nker!

Disappointed as well to see Disturbed do 3 covers, 4 inc S&G which was expected in a 14 song set.

Edited by thewayiam

Been going to festivals for 28 years and this was the worst weather and conditions that I have experienced.To be fair, I've been lucky in the past.

However,you've got to decide whether you are going to let it ruin the weekend or not.

Luckily,most of the people with me just seemed to shrug their shoulders and say 'I'm wet right through, can't get any wetter' and made the best of it.

All in all, still had a great time and still glad I went.(doesn't mean I'm not happy to be crashed out,dry and warm,on my sofa now though.ha ha)

I said on twitter on Sunday im done with Download now. 

Far too many times now they get caught with the weather and do the absolute minimal about it, all about spending the least money and gaining the most profit.

The rain hit Friday and just didn't stop, they put straw down in half the village area twice it seems and that was it, if they kept laying it down we wouldn't have had an issue, they never put any down over the other half of the village, they never put any down in the campsite, they never put any down on the walk to arena, or in the arena

Toilets were never stocked with toilet roll or hand sanitiser

Urinals were not signposted

Drinking water posts were less than ever before but you can get drinking water at the bars it said very, very occasionaly on the video screen.

Security were absolute dicks, coming back from car park on Sunday after taking stuff back they lined up like nazi's and blocked you from going onto the street and made you use the bridge, but didn't care if you climbed over the barbed wire fence right next to them to get onto the street, they just were blocking you using the pathway, I said its a public street you can't stop me walking onto a public street but they physical did. Stupid me forgot to get their numbers. 

The actual car park was completely understaffed, under managed, a complete swamp and a total disgrace, it was complete chaos trying to leave.

Another thing that didn't effect me but I was disgusted with, the disabled viewing platform at the bottom of a hill which was nothing but a complete mudslide, how that was safe I'll never know. 

The NXT arena, whilst a nice idea, was poorly executed, three open sided parts of the square tent which were completely blocked by big towers inside with cameramen on top so basically if you're outside you cant see unless you watch the videoscreen, the internal capacity was never used, they allowed so many in then shut up even though there was absolutely TONS of space inside still, I would say it was never even half used. 

Anyway you get to a point where you just can't be arsed anymore, to actually enjoy Download these days you have to spend a fortune, I'd rather my money went elsewhere. If I do return it will be a day ticket only. Music wise however I saw some good sets, but for the hassle, the money, the effort, its just not worth it anymore. 

Edited by luckysalt

I thought the bogs were fine this year. Each one I went in had toilet roll, and most had sanitizer. That covered the ones in the campervan field, arena and village. 

Security were fine for me too. However, I only came in through the van field. I've seen quite a few comments on how shit it was for others though.

Without doubt though, they should have been better prepared. It's not like they haven't had about 4 years of practise for a wet festival.

My only gripe is 5quid for a tuborg. That's shocking (in both price and taste). Enjoyed some much better priced, and tastier, beer in the village.

At the end of the day, they can't control the weather. You could argue that they've been pretty unfortunate over the last few years. As long as you are prepared for it, you can get on with it. Friday afternoon, I wasn't prepared and got soaked. After that, I was fine.

Would be nice to have a dry festival one year.

6 hours ago, Moey said:

I thought the bogs were fine this year. Each one I went in had toilet roll, and most had sanitizer. That covered the ones in the campervan field, arena and village. 

Security were fine for me too. However, I only came in through the van field. I've seen quite a few comments on how shit it was for others though.

Without doubt though, they should have been better prepared. It's not like they haven't had about 4 years of practise for a wet festival.

My only gripe is5 quid for a tuborg. That's shocking (in both price and taste). Enjoyed some much better priced, and tastier, beer in the village.

At the end of the day, they can't control the weather. You could argue that they've been pretty unfortunate over the last few years. As long as you are prepared for it, you can get on with it. Friday afternoon, I wasn't prepared and got soaked. After that, I was fine.

Would be nice to have a dry festival one year.

Was only £4 in one of tuborgs own tents... But still shit

But top 5 for me were:

Rammstein - as always

Amon Amarth - incredible show for such an early band

Frank Carter & The Rattlesnakes - was absolutely mental, crowd incredible too

Disturbed - Great crowd reaction to the covers as well as their own

Billy Talent - Killed it

Honourable Mentions: Neck Deep, Skindred, Maiden, Sabbath, Babymetal, Raveneye

On 14/06/2016 at 5:19 PM, kaip said:

Anyone know anymore about this gig Bruce said he was gonna announce shortly 

I'd imagine they'll announce a UK tour (hopefully one like the Final Frontier shows in 2011, Cardiff was a treat! But most likely big arenas/stadiums) soon after they finish their world tour/after xmas.

As for all the moaning, I can understand the problems, and as it was my first Download I can't really compare to previous years, but having done both Reading and Glastonbury a number of times in recent years, I can safely say I enjoyed Download 10 times more than either of those festivals! The whole crowd of people were so much friendlier than Reading (for obvious reasons), I found the security and staff to be very helpful, the mud was a killer but I'm not too sure what can be done about the sheer amount of rain and how to prevent it, don't think all the woodchip in the world would have fixed the village or arena this year!! I had an absolute blast at Download this year, probably enjoyed more than Glastonbury due to the rock/metal atmosphere and having more interest in the bands, going to Glastonbury next week and I actually wish I was heading back to Donington again even with all that mud and rain!  But in all I must say I had an absolute blast in Download and can't wait to return next year!!