Download 2016

Hart Attack

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 2 June 2016 at 11:04 PM, luckysalt said:

I just mean it seems weird they're presenting a stance on excessive alcohol being frowned upon yet at the same time saying this year you can have fires lads, something they've always banned at Download, bet they don't allow fires after all, be interesting to see if they're selling firewood like they do at Reading

The copy and paster that does the website messed up there. Flags in the arena was another one. I think they have fixed it now.

5 hours ago, ToffeePopcorn said:

You're joking. Never been myself but everyone keeps telling me it's 20 minutes. Gah!

The closest shop that sells alcohol is a small Spar, which is on the right hand side as you're walking down towards Castle Donington - maybe 30 to 40 minutes walk from the campsite.

5 hours ago, coreyt409 said:

My first download too, what's the crack with fires? I love a campfire to keep warm and chat with everyone about everyones day when we get back at the tent late at night! Would be a real shame to not have any at all :(

As Devilman said Fires are banned and despite it looking like they had unbanned them this year, they are still banned.

Having been to an absolute ton of festivals over the past 15 years+ trust me, not having a fire at camp makes no difference whatsoever.

10 minutes ago, luckysalt said:

As Devilman said Fires are banned and despite it looking like they had unbanned them this year, they are still banned.

Aye the info page has been updated and fires are definitely not allowed. Interestingly nor are flagpoles in the camp site. I can't see them enforcing that one.

Doesn't look like there is any lightning forecast. In fact, it looks set fair - which makes a nice change!!!

Completely support the no flag thing in the arena. For the campsite though, what difference does it make?!

4 minutes ago, Moey said:

Doesn't look like there is any lightning forecast. In fact, it looks set fair - which makes a nice change!!!

Completely support the no flag thing in the arena. For the campsite though, what difference does it make?!

Fuck. Bbc now saying rain on Friday!

Hi guys, 

Mnew to this all, I have a ticket for 5night camping if anyone is interested. Unfortunately I am unable to now go and would just like to get money back. Would ask for face value of £200.

if anyone or anyone you know is interested then please message me ASAP.

rattynatty:)

1 hour ago, Rattynatty said:

Hi guys, 

Mnew to this all, I have a ticket for 5night camping if anyone is interested. Unfortunately I am unable to now go and would just like to get money back. Would ask for face value of £200.

if anyone or anyone you know is interested then please message me ASAP.

rattynatty:)

You've left it proper late mannnn

44 minutes ago, thewayiam said:

Disturbed if any pop up.

Get you foolee for All Time Low. They only did a tour a while back though.

Yeah, my girlfriend loves them and we couldn't go to download for the day so hoping for another tour and that'll make her happy. They are pretty good live though and aren't half bad, used to hate their stuff but much more into it once I've given them a chance.

They do always seem to be on tour.

A Day To Remember would be good too but don't think they'll be announced yet and no reason for it to be held back for download.

2 hours ago, foolee said:

Yeah, my girlfriend loves them and we couldn't go to download for the day so hoping for another tour and that'll make her happy. They are pretty good live though and aren't half bad, used to hate their stuff but much more into it once I've given them a chance.

They do always seem to be on tour.

A Day To Remember would be good too but don't think they'll be announced yet and no reason for it to be held back for download.

Yeah I'd rather Disturbed indoor with a longer setlist an no songs missed out you want to hear. No regrets about not getting a Sunday ticket this weekend.

28 minutes ago, Chavmeisterdeluxe said:

Also on the tour front...

Black Sabbath

22nd Jan - Manchester Arena

24th Glasgow Hydro

26th Leeds First Direct Arena

29 & 31 O2 London

2nd & 4th Feb Birmingham Genting Arena

And that was enough reason to not go Download for anyone wishing to see them again, I probably won't bother myself.