Anthrax

Pulled Apart By Horses

Black Spiders

Paradise Lost

All Time Low

Pierce The Veil

Architects

Edited by Andre91

I can see BMTH getting a headline slot before Alter Bridge, but maybe thats just me, I mean they haven't really had a commerically successful song Alter Bridge. For a modern rock band thats pretty important to be a headliner I think.

BMTH are very commercial in terms of airplay

That shocks me because with them subbing reading I thought they'd be in for the headline spot. Could see them going for Biffy or even The Prodigy again. Will be interesting though because there doesn't seem many options for heavy festival headliners.

I'm not buying what he said, I still think they will headline. Sub Reading, new album with a couple of radio friendly singles like Drown in the autumn, an arena tour in the winter and then DL next summer. Alongside two strong headliners like SOAD and Sabbath, I think BMTH would be just fine as headliners. Have something more classic against them, Motörhead or Slayer for example and you're sorted.

That's very true :lol: same as Deftones being too weak to sub.

Wasn't there some talk (possibly from luckysalt?) about the Sonisphere looking at having Green Day as their touring act next summer? And Maiden and Rammstein being in the frame for Soni UK, too? A trio of Green Day, BMTH and either one of Maiden/Rammstein would be a strong set of headliners and some serious competition for Download.

Edited by Andre91

It's not like Copping to lie through his teeth when it's comes to his festival is it? I'm still waiting on Sundays line up to be announced for this year cos I keep seeing that fake one with Kiss on it.

There is a difference here though, to lie about acts not being right isn't the same as to say about an act not being big enough to headline a day. I don't remember him saying a band isn't big enough to headline before and then them doing so in fairness. I think a fair few people were on the side of them waiting until 2017 to be honest as well.

God knows who for the 3rd but I certainly won't be surprised to see Sabbath and SOAD there next year. Personally I'd rather go to a Sabbath own gig but I reckon unless the album was brilliant and Bill Ward was involved I wouldn't bother. If I had a guess now, I'd say Blink 182. The strange thing is that at Download 2005 all three of these would have been headliners.

Edited by thewayiam

I can see BMTH getting a headline slot before Alter Bridge, but maybe thats just me, I mean they haven't really had a commerically successful song Alter Bridge. For a modern rock band thats pretty important to be a headliner I think.

BMTH are very commercial in terms of airplay

Very true they haven't got any really mainstream radio time like BMTH and I can't see alterbridge ever headlining unless they do release that big song. Attendance wise to concerts though I don't think there will be much difference between alterbridge and bring me. I personally won't be surprised if fall out boy will be the headliners unfortunately

BMTH will need to do more than sell 1 small arena after tickets had been on sale for a full year before they get given the responsibility of being the main draw. Look at how badly A7X sold tickets & that was after 3 arena gigs. I imagine Copping’s waiting to see how BMTH do on a proper tour before putting his eggs in that basket.

I’m guessing 2016 will be –

Tool (UK Exclusive, first show in 10(?) years)

Biffy Clyro (new headliners) &

Black Sabbath (Final UK festival show)

On the official forums someone said at the Fan Forum they were told that Tool were close to headlining this year but then didn’t. Makes sense for them to push it back a year when the new album should be out.