Download 2016

Hart Attack

I really can't see Blink subbing Download. Regardless of the money offered.

Even with Tom been absent they would still be bigger than A7X, BMTH, SOAD.

I know they we're set to sub T in 2011 but you can't really compare the two.

I can see them trying to get a decent sub to fill the void but I can't see it happening any other way.

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I really can't see Blink subbing Download. Regardless of the money offered.

Even with Tom been absent they would still be bigger than A7X, BMTH, SOAD.

I know they we're set to sub T in 2011 but you can't really compare the two.

I can see them trying to get a decent sub to fill the void but I can't see it happening any other way.

Nopw, they play they headline. They'd cost more than A7X and so they should lol.

I can't see Blink subbing anyone after what AC said on Twitter about booking them as a headliner.

I know that Lucky has said that there are high hopes for BFMV's next album, but at this stage in their career I can't see it having the impact that they're hoping for to push them up to headliner status. BMTH on the other hand will have all the momentum in the world behind them.

BMTH

You Me At Six

Limp Bizkit

KoRn

Tool

Deftones

Killswitch Engage

Steel Panther

Black Sabbath

BFMV

Alice In Chains

All Time Low

Edited by Andre91

Think panther won't even play next year. Think by then they'll be preparing for a new album and tour. Unless it's out before download.

Can see BFMV as second stage headliner again to build up momentum again from there flop album and arena tour. Could see FFDP maybe support Sabbath if they keep progressing in the next coming year.

2017 arrives and could be quite a few candidates for headline like BMTH if they don't play or headline in 2016, 30 seconds to Mars maybe, Blackstone cherry but unlikely and maybe alterbridge but I honestly think theyed benefit more for sonisphere if it returns especially if the rest of the headliners might appeal more to a matuer demographic with maiden and another headliner

2016 would be 4 years since Metallica last played DL. Just saying....

Would also be

30 years since Master of Puppets (I know, they did that in 2006)

25 years since the Black Album (I know, they did that in 2012)

20 years since Load......

• 2 weeks later...

Green Day

You Me At Six

Limp Bizkit

Cypress Hill

New Found Glory

KoRn

Down

Skindred

Bring Me The Horizon

Deftones

Royal Blood

Killswitch Engage

Coheed and Cambria

Steel Panther

Halestorm

Airbourne

Black Sabbath

Bullet For My Valentine

Alice In Chains

Nightwish

Volbeat

All Time Low

Pierce The Veil

Sum 41

Edited by Andre91

Royal Blood fourth down?

Looks otherwise reasonable. Do think Steel Panther would be main stage every time they're invited back though rather than clashing with headliners. Kinda think they could sub Sabbath but I obviously don't want that as I wouldn't mind a day ticket. :P

Royal Blood too low or too high do you think? I wasn't sure where to place them. I definitely think they wouldn't be as high as they are at R&L.

And Steel Panther subbing would be horrendous. Headlining Second is bad enough :lol:

Royal Blood too low or too high do you think? I wasn't sure where to place them. I definitely think they wouldn't be as high as they are at R&L.

And Steel Panther subbing would be horrendous. Headlining Second is bad enough :lol:

Your Saturday is interesting. If BMTH did headline that for the 1st time then Deftones aren't going to sub them, they could barely do that now anyway. Killswitch above Royal Blood - it was kind of an interesting read anyway :L

Wouldn't they? Stuff like Gaslight Anthem places higher at Download despite being more suited to R+L. I couldn't really see them playing again but I think it'd be detrimental to their progress to play lower down at Download or something.

Your Saturday is interesting. If BMTH did headline that for the 1st time then Deftones aren't going to sub them, they could barely do that now anyway. Killswitch above Royal Blood - it was kind of an interesting read anyway :L

Have they got smaller since 2010 at Download but bigger since 2011 at R+L? They could easily still sub - Andy was just throwing shit at Sonisphere when he said they couldn't.

Edited by dentalplan

That's a very valid point about Royal Blood (and Gaslight). I guess they could be third and Killswitch fourth? Would seem more realistic actually. And yeah, Deftones could easily sub Download still, especially with a new album. Like you said, AC was just putting Soni down. It's just like SOAD subbing R&L. When they eventually bring out a new album, Copping would snap them us as headliners, I'm certain.

Copping was defo putting Soni down when he was putting down Deftones positioning.

That being said, they aren't a strong enough sub to BMTH IMO. Plus Royal Blood I think would be higher than them but I dont think they fit in that slot.

Would be interesting to see if Royal Blood are back at Download next year. If they get a second album out they could headline second stage.

Your line up though Andre just seems too strong.

That's a very valid point about Royal Blood (and Gaslight). I guess they could be third and Killswitch fourth? Would seem more realistic actually. And yeah, Deftones could easily sub Download still, especially with a new album. Like you said, AC was just putting Soni down. It's just like SOAD subbing R&L. When they eventually bring out a new album, Copping would snap them us as headliners, I'm certain.

He would yeah but SOAD are much bigger than Deftones and Deftones subbing R&L isn't likely. They were lucky to get 3rd that year as the top two was strong.

I don't think your top 4 Sunday would be that strong. A final ever fest show over here from Sabbath and if Bill Ward did play, they won't spend on it what they don't need.

He would yeah but SOAD are much bigger than Deftones and Deftones subbing R&L isn't likely. They were lucky to get 3rd that year as the top two was strong.

Yeah but Deftones played 4th down at Reading in 2011 and played 3rd down in 2013. Judging by that you'd say they haven't fallen in popularity, surely? Therefore they're not likely to play lower at Download than they did in 2010 (subbing).

Yeah but Deftones played 4th down at Reading in 2011 and played 3rd down in 2013. Judging by that you'd say they haven't fallen in popularity, surely? Therefore they're not likely to play lower at Download than they did in 2010 (subbing).

Not necessarily true, based on Download that was 5 years ago and the year that AC/DC played (own stage etc), and given RATM and Aerosmith played too it's probably clear where the money went. Them Crooked Vultures closed a stage (technically sub spot), wasn't really deserved.

Genuine question, who would be considered a strong enough sub underneath BMTH if they were to headline?

I hate to say but beings they have been booked for the fest before All Time Low both sell more tickets and play bigger venue's plus given BMTH's new softer rock if you like mainstream side with Drown for example I think they'd be a genuine option. Most likely not a wanted option.