Better Call Saul

TheJackson

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How do we know its his brother? Was it mentioned in the show (I did not pick up on it if so,) or was it something found out elsewhere outside of the show?

Yeah I did note to myself that I was able to relax when Saul found himself in danger, but they transferred the tension onto the skateboarders cleverly enough I thought. The fact we already knew Tuco to be a nut case allowed us to think these lads would/could die. Sure I was surprised he only knocked them out and tied them up at first. I had said to the Mrs they were brown bread

Seeing Saul weasel with his tongue and massage Tucos ego to get the lads off their "life sentence" and only hit with "6 month probation" was magic and pretty tense in and of itself

The little pricks did not seem grateful enough if you ask me, especially after he saves them post them ratting him out back at the gaff

I'm assuming, from the show - same surname, he's clearly acting as his carer and also In his best interests in his dispute with his employer, and Saul/Jimmy says to him (when he sees the hospital bill for the broken leg) that he's "not backsliding" which suggests he knew his history as a small time conman

Edited by bunique

i read that it was his brother elsewhere before i'd seen the show!

and i definitely thought the skateboarders were dead by the time Saul arrived. did seem pretty un-Tuco to keep them alive when they had no worth to him (although i guess he could've been planning to drive them out to the dessert like he eventually did anyway so that he could give them a grizzly death away from his nan/mum/whatever she was)

Just because the electro thing is a real disease doesn't necessarily mean he has it and it could just be a part of his mental illness, the scene where Saul is telling him to take off the foil blanket makes my thinking go that way.

yeah i do think it's more a state of mind rather than being an actual disease he has

I haven't watched breaking bad, but was going to watch this.

Does it make sense to watch Better Call Saul on it's own ? or it's very much related to breaking bad

it has a lot of little nods to Breaking Bad (previous characters, events etc) that may leave you a little puzzled if you haven't seen BB, but it's pretty much it's own stand alone story. more easter eggs than anything else

but more importantly, WHY haven't you watched Breaking Bad!?

Edited by FloorFiller

I haven't watched breaking bad, but was going to watch this.

Does it make sense to watch Better Call Saul on it's own ? or it's very much related to breaking bad

it's a prequel. If you watched Breaking Bad first there have been a few moments that they put in Better Call Saul to make you smile. I'm nearly through my second watch of Br Ba and both times took me around a month.

Indeed, the best thing on my tv schedule these days. To think that I'd once been concerned it would be a pale imitation of it's parent show and that the constraints of being a prequel would be a problem (eg: you can't feel genuine concern for characters who you know won't actually come to harm).

From the soundtrack to the camerawork to the darkly comic moments, it's a great watch.

it's a prequel. If you watched Breaking Bad first there have been a few moments that they put in Better Call Saul to make you smile. I'm nearly through my second watch of Br Ba and both times took me around a month.

It's set before BB but it's only a prequel to one of the secondary characters. It's closer to being a spin-off show. In other words, a spinquel.

It is his brother.

I agree with the tension thing. A gun pointed at Saul is definitely not going to be fired so we can relax more than when we did in BB.

Meh, at no point when I was watching Breaking Bad was I worried about White as he was the main character unless it was the last episode of one of the seasons. The same thing applies to most tv shows tbh.