Better Call Saul

TheJackson

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Which part of the ending? Him getting upset with her not joining his firm or the nutty couple going with the other firm?

It wasn't just not her joining him, though that was a large part of it. It was also having handed back that big retainer/bribe he clearly can't afford that place now

It wasn't just not her joining him, though that was a large part of it. It was also having handed back that big retainer/bribe he clearly can't afford that place now

IMO I see it as the same thing, the main reason he wanted that place was to impress her and then join him.

His main motive throughout the episode seems to be her. He got the nutty couple to go back to the firm so she would stop being punished/back on track for being a partner, set up the elder law as she has an intrest in that field, he expanded it so she could join but his actions at the end only help cement her place in the other firm and by doing so makes the gap between them wider instead of shortening.

Sweet.

Basically, the bit when he broke down at the end of the episode slamming the door and punching/kicking (we didn't see) it in tears because by "doing the right thing" he could no longer afford the office of his dreams AND even though by getting the clients to go back helped Kim, he knew it meant she wouldn't be alongside him. He broke down, then the phone goes, he answers, the episode ends. Bob Odenkirk deserves serious props for that scene, it got to me.

I don't think this thread needs spoilers once it's available on Netflix. I don't check here til I've watched it

I got punched-in-the-nuts over House of Cards even after available. Given Saul is only is only a day after release tags are politik.

Then again anyone who is watching but reads this thread first needs to be told SAUL IS TYLER DURDEN.

I got punched-in-the-nuts over House of Cards even after available. Given Saul is only is only a day after release tags are politik.

Then again anyone who is watching but reads this thread first needs to be told SAUL IS TYLER DURDEN.

you did put spoilers in the "general TV" thread, which many don't appreciate, as that thread is more of a "recommendation" thread. this thread for Saul is specifically about BCS, and one would assume that people stay away if not up do date. I havent been in here for 2 weeks, as I have been 2 weeks behind until last night. I came in today because I am finally up to date.

Loved the episode with his daughter in law and the philly cops, Mike was incredible. And the ep from last week with the money under the sink etc was brilliant.

I really do like this show.

Another strong episode for me.

I noticed a real parallel between the Chuck/Jimmy relationship in the law office and the Walt/Jesse relationship in the lab.

Jimmy is very much the talented apprentice to Chuck's genius.

I could see the ending coming as soon as Jimmy settled onto the Couch. Fairly obvious but still very well done.

Edited by III

Shit! 2 episodes left! That has flown in.............definitely a sign at how good it is.

Do we have any idea yet as to how many series they feel it will take to tell the story?

I have a feeling the end of this series will see Mike introduced to Fring. Or is it too early for that?

i reckon they may go for another five series a-la BB (well i hope it goes for that long, anyway - any longer would seem weird considering it's a spin-off)

hadn't thought of how this series could end tbh, but that'd be a great way to do it - definitely think it'll bring another BB reference in as some sort of 'cliff hanger'

Shit! 2 episodes left! That has flown in.............definitely a sign at how good it is.

Do we have any idea yet as to how many series they feel it will take to tell the story?

I have a feeling the end of this series will see Mike introduced to Fring. Or is it too early for that?

well he asked the vet about work.

Season 2 is already commissioned.