Lineup 2016

Matt42

• Replies 12k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think there is enough there to get me to go now even though I may not see a single main stage headliner if Biffy and GC clash. It's not a great line up but it's good enough. I was considering the Glasgow Summer Sessions instead that weekend with Biffy, FOB and Wolf Alice but the extras make it worth the few hours longer drive to Leeds.

Very impressed with the small bands on offer, VANT, Spring King, beach baby, the hunna, dmas, Raleigh Ritchie, protoje. If you've not heard some of these, give them a listen, looks to me like FR stage has really upped its game this year, although I feel it's the only stage that has upped its game if I'm completely honest

3 minutes ago, Zac Quinn said:

They were up against nobody mainstream on any of the stages, comparisons to this year when they'll be against Fall Out Boy are invalid.

I'm sure there will still be a huge crowd in there, helped by the fact the 1975 are on after and personally I think there will be a lot of overlap between 1975 and wombats fans 

1 minute ago, JSmurphy said:

Wombats played opposite Metallica?

Agree with Zac here,although don't know if mainstream is the right word (probably not), but Metallica are heavy, I think he just means that would be tiny overlap between fans and the packed out stage last year was simply because there are a large number of people that go to reading that just don't like rock 

5 minutes ago, DownInAlbion said:

Agree with Zac here,although don't know if mainstream is the right word (probably not), but Metallica are heavy, I think he just means that would be tiny overlap between fans and the packed out stage last year was simply because there are a large number of people that go to reading that just don't like rock 

Yeah that's what I was trying to say, I apologise

4 hours ago, shoncahill said:

Would be glad, but Nas are now clashing with Chillis which is also shit. Also will special performance be headlining the NME or will they he be like a special at night or something?

True, these clashes were horrible, Good Charlotte clashing with either FOB or Biffy, CHVURCHES and Twnty One Pilots, Looks like Courteeners and Haim, which I'm not sure if anybodies upset about, but I am, and Sunday is just completely fucked up! Biffy, Fallout Boy, Vaccines and Asap, all clashing with the NME acts The 1975, Wombats and Cage the Elephant! This actually sucks ass

Is it a special performance because he can't close the night and it has to be during the day with his schedule?

1 hour ago, justanothername said:

Are The Story So Far touring around then? Anyway I think if you want to see TSSF this summer you're best off going to Slam Dunk (which I presume you are) and I hope Turnover are added but I doubt it.

Also aren't The Front Bottoms touring in August? Why haven't R&L got them? Stupid

Don't know if I'll end up going Slam Dunk, might be a bit late on getting tickets, I'm not too bothered if I don't but I would like to see TSSF again on this album campaign

6 minutes ago, Chavmeisterdeluxe said:

I'd imagine ego is why Nas is billed as Special Performance when it comes down to it.

Frank Turner has confirmed his set is 50 minutes.

So Friday main stage has an extended opener, two headliners and nine acts in total but Saturday has a regular opener, one headliner and eight acts in total. Surely there's still more to be added

26 minutes ago, oneoftherest said:

Don't know if I'll end up going Slam Dunk, might be a bit late on getting tickets, I'm not too bothered if I don't but I would like to see TSSF again on this album campaign

I'm going this year. Really looking forward to it and I'm hoping for my perfect run of Moose Blood -> Chunk! -> Gnarwolves -> Real Friends - SYG -> FYS -> NFG -> TSSF