Lineup 2016

Matt42

Don't know if it's been mentioned or not but they've changed the poster from

Opening Set Frank Turner      to       Frank Turner and the Sleeping Souls. 

They've also changed NAS's placing to where he's actually playing

• Replies 12k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 minutes ago, KingPin said:

but Foals are weak as a headliner, and will likely pull a crowd as shit as The Libertines did last year, and Disclosure is just laughable. 

we've already discussed this at length. foals are not a weak headliner and they draw amazing crowds take this for example

it'll be even more of a crazy crowd considering that they have the notoriety of a headliner, the notion that they are a weak headliner is silly, even their 2013 third down spot got a better crowd than the libertines. they got a mosh pit going at coachella for fuck sakes!

i agree with the last part though.

Just now, KingPin said:

Well go on then, show me who out of Rap/Grime/Hip Hop rocks like how Pendulum does for DnB? 

Your definition of how something 'rocks' is different to someone else. It's subjective, fair you might not like the genre but you can't then pass it off as 'crap' because you think it doesn't 'rock'.

5 minutes ago, DirtyChorizo said:

we've already discussed this at length. foals are not a weak headliner and they draw amazing crowds take this for example

it'll be even more of a crazy crowd considering that they have the notoriety of a headliner, the notion that they are a weak headliner is silly, even their 2013 third down spot got a better crowd than the libertines. they got a mosh pit going at coachella for fuck sakes!

i agree with the last part though.

naahhh, Foals were pretty empty inside the barrier in 2013 (leeds) easily the smallest crowd at leeds out of the top 9, and that's including NIN, who also got a tiny crowd. I'm not saying that they aren't a top top top live band, they are, but you're sorely mistaken if you think they're going to pull a headline sized crowd.

4 minutes ago, dylangraham said:

Your definition of how something 'rocks' is different to someone else. It's subjective, fair you might not like the genre but you can't then pass it off as 'crap' because you think it doesn't 'rock'.

No, I think it's crap for other reasons.

Who do we reckon for secret set then? If I'm still desperately hanging on to Rivers' word I'd say Weezer but more likely Royal Blood or TLSP. Also, I definitely see a The Wonder Years sized slot below Sundara Karma on Saturday, would be a great way to open the day.

3 minutes ago, dylangraham said:

Which are?

The instrumental parts are almost always boring, and I rarely relate to any of the lyrics which is supposed to be the whole point of the music, and I also don't really hold lyrics that highly in how I rate and enjoy music, as for me lyrics are more a mechanism for using vocals which are just another instrument, I don't really care what's sung but how it's sung.

4 minutes ago, KingPin said:

The instrumental parts are almost always boring, and I rarely relate to any of the lyrics which is supposed to be the whole point of the music, and I also don't really hold lyrics that highly in how I rate and enjoy music, as for me lyrics are more a mechanism for using vocals which are just another instrument, I don't really care what's sung but how it's sung.

Yeah I get that the genre doesn't do anything for you which is fine, but it's a bit of a stretch writing it all off as crap when other people do enjoy and relate to the music/lyrics.

1 minute ago, dylangraham said:

Yeah I get that the genre doesn't do anything for you which is fine, but it's a bit of a stretch writing it all off as crap when other people do enjoy and relate to the music/lyrics.

I understand that people enjoy it, I just think they're weird and it doesn't stop it from being crap ;)

15 minutes ago, KingPin said:

naahhh, Foals were pretty empty inside the barrier in 2013 (leeds) easily the smallest crowd at leeds out of the top 9, and that's including NIN, who also got a tiny crowd. I'm not saying that they aren't a top top top live band, they are, but you're sorely mistaken if you think they're going to pull a headline sized crowd.

nope, they've pulled headline sized crowds when they aren't even headlining before. pretty sure they got the biggest crowd at bestival 2014 as well mate. it is you who is sorely mistaken about that. foals is also hugely popular among the reading and leeds demographic and are they biggest they've been that i can remember

28 minutes ago, KingPin said:

and I rarely relate to any of the lyrics which is supposed to be the whole point of the music, and I also don't really hold lyrics that highly in how I rate and enjoy music, as for me lyrics are more a mechanism for using vocals which are just another instrument, I don't really care what's sung but how it's sung.

"I rarely relate to the lyrics which are the whole point" but then you say you don't actually give a shit about the lyrics? What does any of this mean

29 minutes ago, KingPin said:

So, you like Pavarotti? You only listen to accapella? You lick windows?

1 minute ago, deadpheasant said:

I'm going to be biased as it's the only one I've actually been to but...

2013 had Nine Inch Nails, Deftones, Foals, System of a down, Editors and MF Doom all as non-headliners, it was incredible.

rage against the machine were 4th down in 2000 a.k.a they were non headliners and then headlined in 2008. just because an act has been moved from midcard to headliner doesn't mean the festival has gotten worse, it just means the acts have gotten better/bigger

1 minute ago, DirtyChorizo said:

rage against the machine were 4th down in 2000 a.k.a they were non headliners and then headlined in 2008. just because an act has been moved from midcard to headliner doesn't mean the festival has gotten worse, it just means the acts have gotten better/bigger

well I was 6 in 2000 so I wouldn't know lol.

I didn't say the festival had gotten worse. Just 2013 had some incredible bookings of it's year which were backed up by strong performances.