Lineup 2016

Matt42

58 minutes ago, DirtyChorizo said:

swmrs and maybe king blues (if my friend convinces me) are the only bands i'd want to see on lock up sunday but then again i didn't really spend much time in the pit anyway.

Swmrs are Friday

54 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

You checked out Beach Slang? They're really good.

They were okay to be fair, but his voice reminded me of the guy in Goo Goo Dolls

45 minutes ago, justanothername said:

Thought you might like Modern Baseball given that you like early Brand New and Moose Blood and Beach Slang are pretty good

Also just learnt that MGK stood for Machine Gun Kelly (duh) and can someone please explain to me why he is playing on The Lock Up as it makes no sense

Yeah I liked them, like Frightened Rabbit meet Moose Blood.

Thought the same, was wondering who the fuck MGK were and how they were so high up the stage without having heard of them, look on spotify and see his picture and I'm baffled. 

Like Low Steppa on dance but the rest is like bad Modestep copies. Other than James Organ whose music sounds like something a 15 year old kid made on a Macbook programme. 

• Replies 12k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

42 minutes ago, justanothername said:

Also just learnt that MGK stood for Machine Gun Kelly (duh) and can someone please explain to me why he is playing on The Lock Up as it makes no sense

Weird thing about abbreviated names on the poster this year. Fearless Vampire Killers now "FVK", Machine Gun Kelly now "MGK" and Eagles of Death Metal were "EODM (Eagles of Death Metal)" and still are on the listings as well. Has the poster gone PG-13 or something?

But yeah I don't get that placement at all either. Is he one of those white rappers that hasn't any presence in rap circles and only appeals to rawk audiences, like Kid Rock and ICP?

On ‎23‎/‎04‎/‎2016 at 1:52 PM, DownInAlbion said:

Disclosure have 3 albums I think? (Correct me if I'm wrong, not a fan) but anyway, they have more material than catfish will, they've been around longer and gozpot is right, they're only there to pull in a less rocky crowd. R&L seem to be going with Friday night headliner as a popier smaller band, Saturday as a big rock band and Sunday as whatever they can get their hands onto, I just don't see where catfish could fit into that, especially with like 20 songs in total. Maybe I'm wrong though, I don't think disclosure or FOB should be co-headliners and never would have guessed they would be, so what do I know 

Disclosure have 2 studio albums since 2013. They released singles prior to that, but their success started with Latch. Annie Mac had played a couple of their older much housier tunes since 2012 though.

7 hours ago, Stuielooie said:

Managed to get tickets to Catfish and the Bottlemen's small show at the Hippodrome, Kingston (tickets were £10 each!)...

Few hours later got an email saying I go through in the ballot for their London shows. Makes up for them not being announced at Reading

My commiserations.. 

8 minutes ago, DirtyChorizo said:

i feel like i should stay away from the wacky banter this time lads. on another note do people reckon i could get in front 15 or so rows for biffy if i catch cage the elephant before and use the coming in from the sides technique to see biffy.

Easily yeah, you should be able to get to the main stage half way through FOB's set after CTE if the clashfinder predictions are correct, and then the crowd will clear a bit after FOB finish. You'll be able to get a really decent spot if you go for it.

Just now, dylangraham said:

Easily yeah, you should be able to get to the main stage half way through FOB's set after CTE if the clashfinder predictions are correct, and then the crowd will clear a bit after FOB finish. You'll be able to get a really decent spot if you go for it.

cheers, yeah i plan to this year. although last year was really fun, it was our first time so we didn't really know what we were doing and often didn't get that great a place, defo being more prepared this time. for sure gonna get a good place for foals considering the three acts before them as well.