Lineup 2016

Matt42

• Replies 12k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, kingcrawler said:

Did they not just announce a tour the other day? Shame if they have broken up, been listening to their album a lot recently and it's great.

I dunno. Just seems like they might have had some tensions that finally boiled over last night. They will probably carry on though. In fact, it seems like one of those bands that are centred around one guy so it might not even matter if some of them bailed.

1 hour ago, FloorFiller said:

Where's this new Chili Peppers song then? Or is it actually 1am in America so it won't be out for a while?

From what I've read the rumour is that they will debut the song at this charity gig they're doing with Will Ferrell tonight in LA and then release the song and announce the album but may be bull. So we may wake up to it in the morning but I'm not sure I believe it, would make sense to release it before the tour starts though.

1 minute ago, #FreeComTruise said:

No, but it looks like it's going to be a regular this summer if Maida Vale, and their gig tonight are anything to go by.

hopefully, such a banger. still waiting for a proper banger off of this new alum, animal style and rearrange are really good, wolves of winter is pretty good as well. just want to hear that one (or two) stand out track that you know is biffy at their best

10 minutes ago, DirtyChorizo said:

hopefully, such a banger. still waiting for a proper banger off of this new alum, animal style and rearrange are really good, wolves of winter is pretty good as well. just want to hear that one (or two) stand out track that you know is biffy at their best

I think, funnily enough, On A Bang will be a banger, though the live recording of it from NYE really isn't much to go by - hoping there's gonna be a better quality one from the gig tonight. I'll post it if so. 

Just now, #FreeComTruise said:

I think, funnily enough, On A Bang will be a banger, though the live recording of it from NYE really isn't much to go by - hoping there's gonna be a better quality one from the gig tonight. I'll post it if so. 

that's a good point i forgot they played that at hogmanay, from what i heard, that does sound like what i'm looking for.

7 minutes ago, YoramG said:

Just to clarify, when/where does the secret set usually happen? I've got it in my head that it's first thing on the NME stage on any one of the days. Kasabian is an excellent shout btw.

Green Day was first thing in '12*, Jamie T was late evening in '14, Foals was mid-afternoon last year, so yeah, could be any time really.

Was there one in 2013?

Edited by #FreeComTruise

3 minutes ago, redyellowedge said:

As far as secret sets go, I assume its on the lanyard as either a tbc or a fake band name?

Neither, they just don't put anything on there, you can tell easily when it's likely to be when the stage times get released and then leading up to the slots it could happen in just check on here or on twitter

1 minute ago, The Ghost Of Eddie said:

Neither, they just don't put anything on there, you can tell easily when it's likely to be when the stage times get released and then leading up to the slots it could happen in just check on here or on twitter

So basically, its easy to tell if you look for an hour and a half changeover between acts and keep up on twitter?

Just now, redyellowedge said:

So basically, its easy to tell if you look for an hour and a half changeover between acts and keep up on twitter?

Yeah, when they announce the stage times there will be an obvious big gap, probably on the NME, maybe The Pit or Festival Republic. Then just check around twitter and here an hour or so before the slot, or just go there and find out when they come on