Lineup 2016

Matt42

Today's announcement could/should have been miles better, but the nice addition of Milk Teeth, Sherlocks, and a bunch of great smaller bands is pretty nice. Already booked a ticket but pretty happy with this line up.

Any idea when clash finder will be updated properly?

• Replies 12k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, nickybu said:

Today's announcement could/should have been miles better, but the nice addition of Milk Teeth, Sherlocks, and a bunch of great smaller bands is pretty nice. Already booked a ticket but pretty happy with this line up.

Any idea when clash finder will be updated properly?

The official set times aren't usually released until much closer to the festival, like a week or so before I believe

10 minutes ago, dylangraham said:

A$AP Rocky, AlunaGeorge, Basement, Biffy Clyro, Boy Better Know, Cage The Elephant, Chvrches, Courteeners, Crystal Castles, Die Antwoord, Disclosure, Fall Out Boy, Fetty Wap, Foals, Frank Turner, Giggs, HAIM, Hinds, Imagine Dragons, Jack Ü, Maxïmo Park, Milk Teeth, Nas, Nothing But Thieves, Rag'N'Bone Man, Ratboy, Red Hot Chili Peppers, Savages, Slaves, Sundara Karma, The 1975, The Magic Gang, The Neighbourhood, The Temper Trap, The Vaccines, The Wombats, Twenty One Pilots, Two Door Cinema Club

I think that justifies getting a weekend ticket

Great post right here, great new poster 

1 hour ago, thewayiam said:

If Biffy are closing last at both sites then Good Charlotte will defo clash with FOB.

Either way, that announcement is woeful, solo Frank Turner on the main stage....well and truly fucked it this year. @Red Day be thankful you are going Werchter mate lol.

Turners announcement confirmed it would be him and The Sleeping Souls

22 minutes ago, zak14 said:

Has there been any official word on who's closing which festival? (other than the biffy Facebook post)

In an interview a while back Yannis hinted that Foals were closing Reading, and obviously Biffy confirmed on FB that they'll be closing both sites, so I think it'll run like that.

7 minutes ago, lemonhed said:

How likely is it though that you'll get to see Haim, Imagine Dragons and Red Hot Chili Peppers. There's a clash there somewhere

I'm aware that it'll be impossible to see all the acts I listed, they're just the ones that I'd like to see and then I'll make some tough decisions when the real set times are out.

Edit: Although if it comes down to an Imagine Dragons/HAIM clash I'd definitely go see HAIM as I've never seen them and I've seen ID twice before.

Edited by dylangraham

Just now, dylangraham said:

I'm aware that it'll be impossible to see all the acts I listed, they're just the ones that I'd like to see and then I'll make some tough decisions when the real set times are out.

I only ask because I want to see those three too, and I wondered if there was any inside information on set times etc...

Every year now there seems to be something ridiculous with placings/set times/running order. Headliners not playing last, stages finishing early etc...

Foals, RHCP, Disclosure, Fall Out Boy, Biffy Clyro, BBK, Lower Than Atlantis, Frank Turner, State Champs, Modern Baseball, Sherlock's, Blossoms, Skindred, Slaves, 5FDP and even though I won't get to see them TDCC and The 1975

Thats not counting half of the shit I know a couple songs of that I'll go and see. It's not that this years is a bad line up, it's just that the undercard is full of smaller acts. On top of that, the European festivals look way better. I'm still gonna go I'm just a bit disappointed. Hoping for a few more of my favourites to be added on the lock up (Turnover, The Story So Far pls)

3 minutes ago, lemonhed said:

I only ask because I want to see those three too, and I wondered if there was any inside information on set times etc...

Every year now there seems to be something ridiculous with placings/set times/running order. Headliners not playing last, stages finishing early etc...

Ah okay, there's no clear info as to who will clash with who but if I had to guess I'd say HAIM will clash with Imagine dragons, so you'd have to decide which of them to see and then go see the whole RHCP set.

2 hours ago, RedBalloon said:

awful announcement for me considering I was going to get a Friday day ticket. only interested in Foals, Disclosure, Frank Carter and Hinds. hopefully FR get some good bands on the Friday like Magic Gang etc.  but not holding my breath.

whats noticeable is the amount of same genre clashes. The Vaccines and the Wombats? Jain and Courteeners? it's a real mess from FR, there's no genre definition it's such a mixed bag which maybe some will like but I certainly don't.

Nothing But Theives  and The Sherlocks might be worth catching on Friday.

Other than that, pretty disappointing on Friday is pretty disappointing apart from Foals and Disclosure, the only reason I have already bought a ticket.

Really not impressed at all with the Sunday clashes, not too bothered about many people on the Fri/Sat but the sunday evening is too good, but not good in terms of clashes. Biffy clashing with The1975 Charlotte & The Temper Trap, and FOB clashing with The Wombats. Not to mention Cage clashing with The Vaccines, got no idea why FR have done this, so many bands of similar genres clashing.

47 minutes ago, oneoftherest said:

Foals, RHCP, Disclosure, Fall Out Boy, Biffy Clyro, BBK, Lower Than Atlantis, Frank Turner, State Champs, Modern Baseball, Sherlock's, Blossoms, Skindred, Slaves, 5FDP and even though I won't get to see them TDCC and The 1975

Thats not counting half of the shit I know a couple songs of that I'll go and see. It's not that this years is a bad line up, it's just that the undercard is full of smaller acts. On top of that, the European festivals look way better. I'm still gonna go I'm just a bit disappointed. Hoping for a few more of my favourites to be added on the lock up (Turnover, The Story So Far pls)

Are The Story So Far touring around then? Anyway I think if you want to see TSSF this summer you're best off going to Slam Dunk (which I presume you are) and I hope Turnover are added but I doubt it.

Also aren't The Front Bottoms touring in August? Why haven't R&L got them? Stupid

Anyone else think this years lineup is actually dire? Not me being pessimistic, but there are verrrrry few if any 'special' or rare acts to see, even with the headliners. Happy with some bands eg citizen, superheaven, milk teeth etc, but I just feel that if you have no interest in rap/grime, then this year is awful for you. I would go as far to say it's the worst in years and I would struggle to find a worse year, for me anyway 

57 minutes ago, oneoftherest said:

That's exactly what it is, small acts don't weak a lineup if the small acts are decent but the lineup screams we did what we couls but had no much to go on. They really should have insisted on certain exclusives and that makes me think they have had to accept acts they may want solely would be elsewhere.