Green Man Festival 2015

5co77ie

• Replies 529
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Another great announcement, Slowdive and Emmy The Great are the main events for me, very pleased with both of those. I think my brother will love seeing Public Service Broadcasting, I've never seen Television live so that's exciting, everybody's going mental about this Natalie Prass album so I'll have to give that a listen. The 2 Bears are always great fun, and Marika Hackman has been growing on me a lot recently. Time for me to start down my journey of getting into the Super Furry Animals! Really, there's too many good acts, it's not fair on the other festivals.

The last few pages of the SFA thread on the Glastonbury forum will answer all your questions.

I think you would love them

Edited by russycarps

Another great announcement, Slowdive and Emmy The Great are the main events for me, very pleased with both of those. I think my brother will love seeing Public Service Broadcasting, I've never seen Television live so that's exciting, everybody's going mental about this Natalie Prass album so I'll have to give that a listen. The 2 Bears are always great fun, and Marika Hackman has been growing on me a lot recently. Time for me to start down my journey of getting into the Super Furry Animals! Really, there's too many good acts, it's not fair on the other festivals.

You know what's up. Green Man wasn't on my radar, but then I saw yesterday that Emmy the Great was playing, and that St. Vincent was headlining. Now I'm trying to find a reasonably priced flight from Los Angeles to come out for this.

Lots of great names, and the location looks beautiful. I hear it's only 20,000 people, is that true? So what's the crowd like compared to other fests?

So glad that St. Vincent is headlining because she deserves it, and nothing can really follow the kind of show she puts on. When I saw her at Sasquatch, I was too out of my mind awestruck after her set to even try to get within proper range of Jack White or stick around for The Roots.

It's far, but Emmy the Great never plays here and we don't have anything quite like this, either. There are a couple boutique festivals with great lineups in the states now like Levitation (Austin Psych) and Desert Daze, but the ones across the Atlantic will always be the best. I came out for Glastonbury in 2009 and 2010, so it'll be nice to go to something and some place different.

It's far, but Emmy the Great never plays here and we don't have anything quite like this, either. There are a couple boutique festivals with great lineups in the states now like Levitation (Austin Psych) and Desert Daze, but the ones across the Atlantic will always be the best. I came out for Glastonbury in 2009 and 2010, so it'll be nice to go to something and some place different.

might be worth you looking at Festival No 6 if your coming all that way as that starts the following week Green Man finishes

I love that people in LA are listening to Emmy The Great. I also have a lot of respect for you making the trips across the globe to come to UK fests, it does put where I live into perspective and makes me feel quite lucky that there's always something on near me that fits with my interests that I can engage with. I bet there's not a lot of cities in the world that get the same quality and quantity of live music traffic as Manchester does.

I agree with dirty_dog, you should make all efforts to do Fest No 6 if your budget and schedule permits, too good an opportunity to pass up after traveling several thousand miles.

We're coming over from Ireland on the ferry for this. Never been before and usually make the trip for Glastonbury but we can't make that this year. Kinda not too disappointed we can't because green man looks special, unique and unspoiled. 20k attendance seems perfect and not too crowded. It seems to have a nice balance been fun and chilled atmosphere. Have been keeping my eye on the lineup too and the super furries at home in Wales was a deal clincher. I'm also a sucker for anytime hot chip are playing. Some very good names eleswhere on the lineup including Television, slowdive, charles bradley, father John misty and viet cong. It's perfect.

Where's the best place to get details of green man tips such as arrival times, reccomendations, stage/tent crowds etc. ? We'll be arriving at approx 5/6pm on the Thursday. Should we have any issues getting a decent camp spot at that time?

Am I complicating things and should i just go with the flow? ☺

Where's the best place to get details of green man tips such as arrival times, reccomendations, stage/tent crowds etc. ? We'll be arriving at approx 5/6pm on the Thursday. Should we have any issues getting a decent camp spot at that time?

Am I complicating things and should i just go with the flow? ☺

http://forum.greenman.net/is fairly active.

You'll get a good camping spot fine at that time, that's when I arrived last year and my tent was in a spread out/quiet area literally 1 minutes walk from the main stage. There's not really such a thing as bad camping spot at GM though. The only thing about that time is the traffic will probably delay you getting onto site. GM is compact that you don't really have to worry about things, all the stages are within 5mins walk of each other and the camping is close by so you can nip back to the tent in between acts easily.

http://forum.greenman.net/is fairly active.

You'll get a good camping spot fine at that time, that's when I arrived last year and my tent was in a spread out/quiet area literally 1 minutes walk from the main stage. There's not really such a thing as bad camping spot at GM though. The only thing about that time is the traffic will probably delay you getting onto site. GM is compact that you don't really have to worry about things, all the stages are within 5mins walk of each other and the camping is close by so you can nip back to the tent in between acts easily.

Cheers chawk. This is music to my ears. I'm destressing already hearing that. Loving this festival already. Could be a chance that Glastonbury takes the back seat at this rate. Shorter drive from Pembroke port is a bonus alone.

I tried to join the green man forum, but they won't approve my registration.

My understanding is that it hasn't been administered for over a year. I tried to register before last year's GM, but still can' sign in. Talking to some forum members I know at the festival, I was told that the administrator, 'Walter', no longer does anything to approve new members.

Why not stay in the UK for another week or so and come down to lovely North Dorset for the End Of The Road festival, beautiful setting amongst the peacocks and macaws (if you manage to spot them) and a great line up:

http://endoftheroadfestival.com/

Very pleased with the additions.

Television's Marquee Moon shows are excellent.

Some great stuff in the long grass too, Kiran Leonard and H Hawkline in particular. Lots to see, will be loads of clashes.

Looking at the last two years, The Waterboys and Patti Smith have 'headlined' the Thursday - are The Fall most likely if that becomes a trend?

Also, I checked a few tour dates, Mew are Friday and Matthew E White is Sunday. A few more should become clear with day splits at Lowlands.

I'm quite sure (but not certain) we can pencil in

Natalie Prass - Friday

Sturgill Simpson - Saturday

Public Service Broadcasting - Sunday.

Courtney Barnett plays 20th-23rd in Austria, Belgium, Holland and Green Man, making Sunday the most logical last stop, but that's just a hunch - other dates might have been penciled in after securing Green Man.