Green Man Festival 2015

5co77ie

Hi it's very chilled. nearly all the security is by really friendly volunteer stewards who just have a quick glance and so long as you're not obvious you'll be fine, there is a good beer tent and the prices aren't that bad. Another plus is the camping is so close to the arena it's often quicker to pop back for a couple of cans than it is to queue. You've made me think twice about Lattitude though!

• Replies 529
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is there still much more to come? Can't be too many big names still to come.

By my reckoning about another 12 -15 bands mostly for the far out or Chai. Very surprised that the Thursday headliner wasn't one of the already announced though so who knows!

You've made me think twice about Lattitude though!

Never seen any patting down going on, but last year there seemed to be a ramping up of bag checks, just opening them up and security having a poke. It's not ideal, but best to ignore it and get on with things, I was carrying 6 cans in at a time and only ever got caught once.

I think 20,000 is about right yeah.

According to someone on the official forum there is "plenty to come".

Plenty seems a stretch, I make it only 13 acts short of last year.

Though we have a Thursday headliner to come, so a couple more notable acts can justifiably be called plenty I suppose.

No real clues like last time in who they're following, Jagwar Ma is one that sticks out though. Neil Young/CSN but that'll just be fandom surely?

Car park opens at 10 am. I was there about 10.30 last year and had got tent up by mid day. It's really painless getting in and out once you have a wristband for multiple journeys or you can hire a trolley - but don't hire till you've checked in cos you get charged by the hour!

Dunno how much use this is to anyone, but grabbed a few dates from band's websites. The * represents ones based on other dates and isn't confirmed but probable. It's impossible to nail someone down to the Thursday, because it's used as a placeholder by so many bands representing the first day of the festival.

Edit?: that looked rubbish.

Fri 21 Hot Chip Mew Natalie Prass Atomic Bomb Calexico* Kiran Leonard Strand of Oaks*

Viet Cong

Sat 22 SFA Charles Bradley Simpson Sturgill The Fall Hookworms Jamie XX Jane Weaver Songhoy Blues Wave Pictures

Sun 23 St Vincent M.E White Public Service Courtney Barnett Father John Misty Sylvan Esso Owen Pallett* Ultimate Painting Edited by timeforheroes

Dunno how much use this is to anyone, but grabbed a few dates from band's websites. The * represents ones based on other dates and isn't confirmed but probable. It's impossible to nail someone down to the Thursday, because it's used as a placeholder by so many bands representing the first day of the festival.

Fri 21 Hot Chip Mew Natalie Prass Atomic Bomb Calexico* Kiran Leonard Strand of Oaks*

Viet Cong

Sat 22 SFA Charles Bradley Simpson Sturgill The Fall Hookworms Jamie XX Jane Weaver Songhoy Blues Wave Pictures

Sun 23 St Vincent M.E White Public Service Courtney Barnett Father John Misty Sylvan Esso Owen Pallett* Ultimate Painting

Friday is gonna be a good one,

I think St Vincent will clash with PSB, how far are the stages? possible to watch half n half?

I've not been, I've heard the whole site is pretty small though. Hopefully someone with experience will be able to answer.

I do agree though, Public Service seem the most likely Far Out headliner.

At this stage I think Sunday Mountain will be Barnett > Misty > St V . Which all in all, is a pretty good run.

Hope Owen Pallet doesn't clash with FJM or Courtney Barnett, sod's law says he will, but the fest will be clash-ridden anyway, Owen is my number 1 must see. Cool that St Vincent is the closing act, can't wait to see her finishing the festival with Marrow, what a great song to see out the weekend.

It takes about 10-15 minutes to get between each stage depending on where you are standing of course. If you were at the front for St Vincent you'd end up at the back for PSB (supposing they clashed) You could get between stages quicker if you leg it but that's not recommended in the dark!

Viet Cong

Sun 23 St Vincent M.E White Public Service Courtney Barnett Father John Misty Sylvan Esso Owen Pallett* Ultimate Painting

• 2 weeks later...

Never seen any patting down going on, but last year there seemed to be a ramping up of bag checks, just opening them up and security having a poke. It's not ideal, but best to ignore it and get on with things, I was carrying 6 cans in at a time and only ever got caught once.

Thanks, so a bit of subterfuge and we should be ok!

Hi it's very chilled. nearly all the security is by really friendly volunteer stewards who just have a quick glance and so long as you're not obvious you'll be fine, there is a good beer tent and the prices aren't that bad. Another plus is the camping is so close to the arena it's often quicker to pop back for a couple of cans than it is to queue. You've made me think twice about Lattitude though!

Thanks

Kendall calling was where we got patted down. Latitude has bag searches that slow down entry to the arena at peak times to a ridiculous degree. I think it's possible to get the odd bit through if well hidden but queues can be 100s deep at peak times. Family camping is great cos you can use the kids as smuggling vessel!

Thanks

Kendall calling was where we got patted down. Latitude has bag searches that slow down entry to the arena at peak times to a ridiculous degree. I think it's possible to get the odd bit through if well hidden but queues can be 100s deep at peak times. Family camping is great cos you can use the kids as smuggling vessel!

No nothing like that. Never took more than a couple of minutes to enter the arena no matter what time of day. Careful using kids as mules my 1 year old got a bottle of Bacardi instead of water for breakfast going into Disney a couple of years back!