Green Man Festival 2015

5co77ie

• Replies 529
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I hear it's quite prone to raining a fair bit, would you say that's true?

I got wellies anyway, it's fine, I'm a seasoned festivaller and I can hack this sort of shit without even spilling a drop of rum. It's not like there's long ways to walk in between stages, that's the only time it's a pain. This'll be my little brother's first festival, if we can start him off with a muddy one, then we'll make a pro out of him, trial by fire.

Anyone have any experience of taking young children to Greenman? My daughter is 6 and we are thinking of going as a family, are there (reasonably) much for children there? Are there quiet family camping fields?

Edited by fur_q

Anyone have any experience of taking young children to Greenman? My daughter is 6 and we are thinking of going as a family, are there (reasonably) much for children there? Are there quiet family camping fields?

Yes there is loads and loads for kids to do,several areas, film showings, activities etc. There's more than any other festival I've been to.Yes there's family camping, I've never been in it but general camping is quiet so it will be too.

Does this normally sell out? I've had one eye on it for a while as I've never been and it looks ace. Also a good time of year for a fest. However it doubles up so many bands from Glasto I was sort of waiting a bit to see the clashes and see how I felt after worthy farm. However just read an article that tickets are running low.

Also interested in your opinions as a newbie - potential at least. Worth going aside from music?

Does this normally sell out? I've had one eye on it for a while as I've never been and it looks ace. Also a good time of year for a fest. However it doubles up so many bands from Glasto I was sort of waiting a bit to see the clashes and see how I felt after worthy farm. However just read an article that tickets are running low.

Also interested in your opinions as a newbie - potential at least. Worth going aside from music?

My daughter has worked there the past couple/few years and said it's like she believes Glastonbury used to be (her first Glasto year was 2009 so I think she's talking about what she's heard rather than experienced). Very friendly, very easy, no shite is pretty much how she described Greenman. Certainly she's sold it to us and we're going for the first time this year - and booked before we knew the line up!

My daughter has worked there the past couple/few years and said it's like she believes Glastonbury used to be (her first Glasto year was 2009 so I think she's talking about what she's heard rather than experienced). Very friendly, very easy, no shite is pretty much how she described Greenman. Certainly she's sold it to us and we're going for the first time this year - and booked before we knew the line up!

Good to hear! I was almost a bit gutted to see the Glasto line up pick up so many bands from Green Man as I wanted an excuse to go! In all honesty though a lot of those will clash and those that don't I'd be happy to see twice...

It's much calmer than Glastonbury - I went last year because I couldn't get tickets but I'm going back this year out of choice. Main reason is most of the bands I would like to see at larger festivals are playing at Green man anyway and it feels more intimate - even if Super Furry Animals play park stage for example you probably won't get as close as you would at GM not without being half crushed to death! For me another main plus was how easy it is to take stuff to and from the car - no walk of death! There's not so much in regards stalls etc but for me that's a plus. As for other stuff - there's comedy, cinema, teen areas, kids areas pretty much same as GF but again very much scaled down. My teenager wants to explore more of the other side this year as we ran out of time last year.

According to t'daughter it's always the third weekend in August or the one before the bank holiday weekend whichever is the later.

Edit: That made sense when she said it - doesn't seem to when I see it written down.

Edited by mandolin

tickets look likely to be sold out by monday

Seriously? Shit. Trying to get a media/photo pass, but I won't know if that happens until later.

Would get one to be on the safe side, but my tax refund hasn't shown up yet.

How hard is it to get tickets in the secondary market?

My favorite discovery so far is Hannah Lou Clark. According to twitter, she will be on the Walled Garden Stage on Saturday.

Edit: Back on the subject of when artists are playing, it looks like Dan Deacon is on Thursday. According to his Facebook cover photo, he has shows in other countries on the 21st-23rd. Saw him at Desert Daze earlier this month and it was a great, bizarre dance party and intense acid trip.

Edit: Son Lux is playing Sunday. White Fence and The Drink on Saturday. The Leisure Society on Friday.

Edited by Bort

Days update - (with thanks to Bort)

Thur 20 Dan Deacon

Fri 21 Hot Chip Mew Natalie Prass Atomic Bomb Calexico Kiran Leonard Strand of Oaks Viet Cong Lesire Society Villagers

Temples

Sat 22 SFA Charles Bradley Sturgill Simpson The Fall Hookworms Jamie XX Jane Weaver Songhoy Blues Wave Pictures The Drink White Fence Hannah L Clark Patrick Watson

Sun 23 St Vincent M.E White Public Service Courtney Barnett Father John Misty Sylvan Esso Owen Pallett Ultimate Painting Son Lux Steve Gunn Ryley Walker

Fairly even spread I'd say which is good.

The big 3 unknowns I think are Goat, Slowdive and Television.

I reckon we're looking down the barrel of a Hot Chip vs Mew clash!

Owen Pallett on the last day is good for me, it's always best when the act you want to see the most is on last thing, although when the line-up is as balanced as this I don't think it'll make a huge difference.