Kendrick Lamar this year

DL50

Anyone else think its high time they got Kendrick Lamar this year? Given that he has a new album out.

I think he would have been perfect for a mid day Other stage slot in 2013/2014.

Not sure where he would play, i'd guess 4th/5th Pyramid stage or 3rd/4th Other stage

Not sure where he would play, i'd guess 4th/5th Pyramid stage or 3rd/4th Other stage

It's a tricky one to predict, been mentioned on the R&L thread as well. His lack of real UK festival experience and differing UK/US popularity makes guessing it hard.

I'm not sure if he'll play, not been announced for anything in Europe as far as I know. If he does then 3rd/4th down on the Pyramid imo.

Would make a splendid Other sub, in my eyes (is this right, lads? I touted him for a Pyramid headliner a few weeks ago and made people cross).

I agree 3/4th on the Pyramid would suit him. Subbing the other stage would also work but it would need to be a rock act on the main stage imo. He could also close the West Holts, and like Disclosure last year be that stages strongest booking of the weekend. All three would work, but I'd go for 4th on Friday's Pyramid.

West Holts headliner sounds the most attractive prospect to me, although they'll probably bung him on the Pyramid midday, which is a bit of a waste IMHO. I definitely think he'll be an outright headliner one day, give it a few more years.

Won't be surprised if wireless give him a headline spot very soon in the future.

But yes, all for kendrick. All for kendrick becoming an outright headliner!

I guess you guys are right, if no European dates then can't realistically predict anything.

Given his immense popularity in the US I would imagine he would do a massive tour over there before coming anywhere near the UK.

I do think that Glasto have majorly missed out by not getting him in 2013/14 as he is without a doubt one of the biggest and most exciting new hip hop artists of the past few years.

With that in mind, they need to book Frank Ocean as well!

I guess you guys are right, if no European dates then can't realistically predict anything.

Given his immense popularity in the US I would imagine he would do a massive tour over there before coming anywhere near the UK.

I do think that Glasto have majorly missed out by not getting him in 2013/14 as he is without a doubt one of the biggest and most exciting new hip hop artists of the past few years.

With that in mind, they need to book Frank Ocean as well!

i always lump Kendrick and Frank in as acts who Glastonbury seriously missed the boat on. really hope both appear this (or at least next) year

i always lump Kendrick and Frank in as acts who Glastonbury seriously missed the boat on. really hope both appear this (or at least next) year

Can't agree more! Why the hell hasn't frank been booked in the past! Crazy! When so many other quick (up and coming) acts have been booked in their initial breakout, why not frank?

I think they're both acts that are gonna pop up in really high slots when they do perform at festivals and surprise people because they're hard to place because of how little they've toured. T had both in 2013 - Kendrick 4th down and Frank 3rd down - and they'll each have a popular new album next time they tour. I think maybe one of them will play the Pyramid this year (depending on who's touring) but that's about it.

yeah i think if either play it'll be the Pyramid (and in decent slots at that) - i'm just hoping Glastonbury gets them before they rise to the rank of headliners (which they're both well on their way to doing, even if it won't be for a few years)

reckon Kendrick is the most likely for this year considering he's actually been quite vocal about his album in the works - Frank hasn't said a word for a while apart from releasing that weird little demo a few months back

There's no real solid evidence frank's album even exists though :/

think he;'s definitely working on it - just keeping quiet until he's ready to reveal it, which is good in a way as there's no false release dates etc that can grow quite annoying (like Kendrick's album originally announced as being released at the end of 2014)

• 2 weeks later...

Just announced for Open'er on July 2nd, and they say his album is '100%' out before then.

Should play then I reckon. There's also Wireless announced tomorrow and the first T announcement in a few minutes so I dunno if either will affect it. The latter shouldn't.

Edited by dentalplan