I'm not sure I can quite believe it...

pie_and_a_pint

After being ambulanced off site on Saturday night, missing all of Sunday, and enduring surgery and a six month recovery, and after failing to get tickets on T-day by mere seconds, I am now pretty sure I have a volunteer place sorted out for Glastonbury 2015.

The relief and joy is immesurable.

After being ambulanced off site on Saturday night, missing all of Sunday, and enduring surgery and a six month recovery, and after failing to get tickets on T-day by mere seconds, I am now pretty sure I have a volunteer place sorted out for Glastonbury 2015.

The relief and joy is immesurable.

That's great news! What will you be doing?

is that you Becky? Your story sounds familiar!

Jim

Hello Jim! Yep, tis me! SO excited - and now my busted ankle is fixed I can jump for joy as much as I like!! (and it's my birthday today so I'm even happier!)

Glad to be able to come back to eFests again - had been avoiding it as I was too miserable. Have missed this place!

Hello Jim! Yep, tis me! SO excited - and now my busted ankle is fixed I can jump for joy as much as I like!! (and it's my birthday today so I'm even happier!)

Glad to be able to come back to eFests again - had been avoiding it as I was too miserable. Have missed this place!

Happy Birthday as well..................... even though I had pictures of you being a big northern lad enjoying a huge pie washed down by a pint of ale..........................

Now I find you are a lady!

Happy Birthday as well..................... even though I had pictures of you being a big northern lad enjoying a huge pie washed down by a pint of ale..........................

Now I find you are a lady!

A remarkably common misconception :) but I think I;ve had my username too long to change it now! To be honest I'm more 'Pennard Organic Wines and a Goan Fish Curry' these days, but that's well too long for a username :)

Good news. Having worked it last year for the first time I can confirm that working it is every bit as enjoyable as going as a punter. It's just a different experience.

I was lucky enough to get a ticket again this year but would have had no problem working it again and there are certain parts of working it that I will definately miss this year.

Getting to walk round the empty site before everyone arrives is fantastic. There are definite upsides to working.

Very true. I worked last year and arrived on site on the Monday, even though my first shift wasn't until Friday. Seeing the final touches being done is great, as is being able to sit round a campfire at the stone circle chatting to random strangers, without the sound of balloons being inflated!

Getting to walk round the empty site before everyone arrives is fantastic. There are definite upsides to working.

Absolute dream come true, that part. I love being on site as early as I can on Wednesday and watching the people arrive and the place morphing into this fantastic city of dreams. Cannot wait to get there the day before.

Edited by pie_and_a_pint

1) Welcome to the other side!!!!!! You'll never go back. :)

2) Happy Birthday.

3) I've actually missed you.

Thank you! :)

You can be onsite on monday if you want!

Welcome to the recycling team. I recommend some yoga between now and june, it really made it easier last year.

How exciting...

Noted. I shall dig out the old yoga mat!