Kasabian

Matt42

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I saw ATDI instead of Kasabian with my brother who hates Kasabian and a friend who proclaimed afterwards that he hates "heavy music".

Also my friend who is now obsessed with hard-core music kills himself every day for missing ATDI. He was gonna see them until the day as well. Loved Kasabian, The Vaccines, et al at the time.

I can prove I saw ATDI as one of the Mastadon guitarists wandered on stage.

There seemed to be a bit of previous between the two but never knew why.

I seemed to remember "get the fuck of our stage " being said

Does anyone know what went off ?

Well that post didn't go very well. Also it sounds like I'm sarcastically questioning you which I'm not, so apologies, Andy_47

Sorry not been on here much lately, I wasn't ignoring you.

Yeah it definitely was. They are a complete "lad" band. It's actually a real shame because they do write some damn good music but the crowd were more interested in chanting "eez-eh, eez-eh, eez-eh" all night. People were out to a gig and some fucking dressed like they're going to a dinner party, but ending up soaked in booze because fannies kept throwing their drinks when a 'hit' was being played. (Thankfully I wasn't hit with any warm liquid.)

I mean Kasabian really do invite that type of crowd when they write songs like that one, but it shouldn't really take away from how good they can be live. Glasgow crowds can be shit no matter who is on stage to be fair.

Yeah it definitely was. They are a complete "lad" band. It's actually a real shame because they do write some damn good music but the crowd were more interested in chanting "eez-eh, eez-eh, eez-eh" all night. People were out to a gig and some fucking dressed like they're going to a dinner party, but ending up soaked in booze because fannies kept throwing their drinks when a 'hit' was being played. (Thankfully I wasn't hit with any warm liquid.)

I mean Kasabian really do invite that type of crowd when they write songs like that one, but it shouldn't really take away from how good they can be live. Glasgow crowds can be shit no matter who is on stage to be fair.

If that really bothers you to why a band shouldn't headline a festival keep you're future opinions to yourself.

or wear a hazmat suit

If that really bothers you to why a band shouldn't headline a festival keep you're future opinions to yourself.

Simmer.

I actually said they were good live but can see them doing T and V. I'd be fairly happy if they played R&L since I enjoyed them last time. Crowds at Leeds are much better and friendlier than Glasgow anyway. I didn't once say they shouldn't headline. I was pointing out the crowd at the Hydro was shite.

Been to one Glasgow gig - QOTSA. A middle aged man grabbed me by the neck and punched me in the face. Then did the same to loads more people.

I saw a kid get punched at a fucking Reel Big Fish concert in Glasgow for crying out loud. I'm perfectly entitled to say Glasgow crowds CAN be completely shite. They can be great though. The Barrowlands is still a great venue with great crowds. I'm sure it happens everywhere.