Electronica/Dance

bennyhana22

26 minutes ago, Billy Corgan's Ego said:

I'm doing Folomur as seeing Four Tet on Park.. probably stay for FSB after too. 

Can imagine the vibe at Folomur being amazing 

Yeah it’ll be class. He’s a lot more suited to some of our crowd who aren’t into techno/heavier house 

5 minutes ago, kraken_89 said:

Any idea how rammed Stonebridge Bar will be on Thursday night for Skream’s garage set? Really looking forward to it but worried it will be busy 

I think we can safely assume that Stonebridge will be rammo all of Thursday. It's always very busy, and there are many fewer venues on Thursday to spread the crowd around. 

Ben

7 hours ago, kraken_89 said:

Any idea how rammed Stonebridge Bar will be on Thursday night for Skream’s garage set? Really looking forward to it but worried it will be busy 

11 hours ago, Fishman said:

Pretty rammed. It's the Thursday thing.

Yep, everywhere is busy Thursday. Too many impatient people with not enough venues open.

And Stonebridge is not a very big tent. But there is crowd turnover, so it's not impossible to get in.

7 hours ago, kraken_89 said:

I’m concerned n’all. I’m getting in that tent for that set though. I’m not waiting around for ages before hand either. 

14 hours ago, Cruft said:

Does anyone know the name of the stage. I think in Shangri La. It's a bowl shape where you're able to stand on the terraces around it?

Probably poorly explained haha

What the area next to the Gas tower called coming from the common direction in Shagri La on the right? Think that had metal containers and a walk way around the edge - might be wrong. 

Can only remember Seth or JJones on Heaven in the early morning sunshine, dj box white and raised up. 

I can not wait for this - kid at Christmas doesn't describe it

10 hours ago, kraken_89 said:

Thanks. Is it quite a small area? Never been before 

The Stonebridge is basically a small tent with a bar in it. On Thursday all the big stages are still closed so the smaller stuff that is open tends to be pretty packed. It always feels like the most crowded day.

11 hours ago, TomTom1239 said:

As much as I love the lineups in Silver Hayes, I'm just not a big fan of the area. Stages seems to dictate my night more than lineups.

Yeah but there's lots of space and it looks like this year there'll be even more space. I'm thinking on Thursday it might be better to go there instead of queueing for ages for Stonebridge or something else that's going to be completely overcrowded.

1 hour ago, Madyaker said:

The Stonebridge is basically a small tent with a bar in it. On Thursday all the big stages are still closed so the smaller stuff that is open tends to be pretty packed. It always feels like the most crowded day.

On the Thursday afternoon majority of people just stand outside the tent as you can still hear the music

39 minutes ago, Madyaker said:

Yeah but there's lots of space and it looks like this year there'll be even more space. I'm thinking on Thursday it might be better to go there instead of queueing for ages for Stonebridge or something else that's going to be completely overcrowded.

Also, SH has undergone a major overhaul this year. I'm genuinely optimistic that they've been aware of people's thoughts on it being a little soulless and have made a proper effort to give it some character.

For the first time ever I have a defo see on my schedule in Sonic!

Ben

• Like 1

Hello. I am starting to upload a podcast type of video to YouTube. It may be of interest to some people here.

I like to sit at my turntables and go through records for hours. I thought one day that maybe I should record myself doing it for something to listen to in the car. Its kind of a development of that.

It may get relatively no views at all, which i think is most likely based on previous YT performance. I've never done anything like this before. I thought it would all be really easy and I would sound like a pro but .......
basically lower you expectations (and like it anyway please) is what I'm saying.

First podcast is linked below. Hour one is electro and other genres, vinyl giveaway, second hour is pretty much dnb and jungle. I'll be giving away something to one of my subscribers each time.

Here's a 130 bpm tech house mix I did last night

https://youtu.be/Mke_t08MAy4

Here's an older techno mix

https://youtu.be/rJNmO-yrw_U

And here's a techno mix I did last week 

https://youtu.be/gPbcmcz2M3Y

Here is episode 1 (electro, bass, jungle dnb)

https://youtu.be/irI-jOEv3OQ

I won't talk about this again. I am nothing to do with Glasto other than being a lover of the farm and feel i'm rippin the arse a bit with this. If you are interested, subscribe to the channel.

Hope you all have a great time at Glastonbury.

• Upvote 1

Apologies if this has already been asked..

Noticed Jamie Jones & Solomun on the Gas Tower Saturday night have been changed to...

Jamie Jones - VJ Volata XR

&

Solomun - VJ Fade in Fade Out

Anyone have any idea what that is? Solomun pretty much my main kust see if the festival at this point