Electronica/Dance

bennyhana22

Posted (edited)

UPDATE!

I've now been through the wonderfully weird little venue that is Platform 23. It's all over the place, genre-wise (no bad thing at all!), and for me so far there is:

- Aæe* - this year's Client_03. Acid-ey techno played live through analogue machine things

- Architect

- Minna-No-Kimochi - a couple of Japanese kids whose set I've seen on YT is mental! This might just scratch a Trance itch, folks!

Ben

Edited by bennyhana22
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, Madyaker said:

We still have Block9 and The Common to come but the latter will just be more DnB which is ok but oversaturated at the G.

It will, but we did get some cracking techno in The Temple last year. It's all going to be magical, team.

Ben

Yeah there always seems to be a nice bit of techno or at least a couple of decent house dj’s in the temple on one day.

But it’s all about Block9 for me now. High hopes for NYC, iicon and new Genosys. 
Could be stacked.

I think I’ve mentioned before but hoping Felix Dickinson closes Genosys stage like he used to, it would finish off the festival very nicely for me.

22 minutes ago, Gwish123 said:

Young marco’s instagram confirms he’s playing Saturday and likely Sunday. (Secret set).

really enjoyable set at wow last year. 

any idea where he will pop up this year? 

Amazing. 

One of my fave finds from last year. 

We got part way into WOW for it but was rammo, so another set on somewhere like The Temple would be ace. 

Am I right, the main difference with the Chroma productions seems to be that they are just faster tempo and have occasional more 'acid' like sounds. Otherwise it's same as Bicep. 

This is no bad thing though.

DJ set wise - I've not heard a 'great' set by them. Their Essential Mix floated by without much love.

The 'live' Bicep sets  are amazing though (e.g. West Holts few years back). 

Anyone care to change my mind about their DJ sets and point me in the right direction?

Edited by danbailey80

14 minutes ago, danbailey80 said:

Am I right, the main difference with the Chroma productions seems to be that they are just faster tempo and have occasional more 'acid' like sounds. Otherwise it's same as Bicep. 

DJ set wise - I've not heard a 'great' set by them. Their Essential Mix floated by without much love.

Anyone care to change my mind about their DJ sets and point me in the right direction?

I really like this Boiler Room set from AVA. 

https://on.soundcloud.com/kqsV3

Mind you, it is 9 years old now! 

Edited by Supernintendo Chalmers

1 hour ago, danbailey80 said:

I'd have to admit not to being hugely familiar with their DJ sets, but they seem perfectly 'fine', but not so much the sort of set to draw me in and really get a crowd going hard. I caught the last bit of their Arcadia set and very much got the feeling that people were there because it's Bicep, only really waiting for the big drop of Glue at the end. As said, the Dove set in The Levels will be absolutely ridiculously busy, made more so by the 'buzz' of less finger-on-the-pulse people finding out it's Bicep only on the Thursday, etc.

Ben

11 minutes ago, bennyhana22 said:

the Dove set in The Levels will be absolutely ridiculously busy, made more so by the 'buzz' of less finger-on-the-pulse people finding out it's Bicep only on the Thursday, etc.

Ben

Yeah I’m wouldn’t even attempt going near there on Thursday for that reason.

(I mean, i’ll be in the downlow on Thursday night, but even if I wasn’t)

Edited by Twiggy553